Reclaiming 2GB from your BF2 installation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reclaiming 2GB from your BF2 installation

so there I was with a full HD, looking for some big/old/unused files to delete, "when I had what alcoholics refer to as a moment of clarity".

C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\Levels\*.*

I don't play vanilla BF2 any more (thank you very much PoE2 and PR). I won't play it in the future either.

<delete>

ahhhhhhh, much better! thanks EA!

Re: Reclaiming 2GB from BF2

Nice! I'm running low on HD space on my main drive. I'm kinda pissed I didn't think of this myself a year ago.
    Beatnik

Comment

ha, me too!

Comment

Great tip!

I bought BF2 expressly for playing POE, so bye bye vanilla stuff!

Comment

Pff... I reclaimed 20+ gig recently by deleting all of the mods I downloaded and played once. I have a bad habit of keeping EVERYTHING until my hand is forced. :)
          Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

Mods use a lot of vanilla statics/vegetation...are we sure deleting that folder won't cause problems? I don't know if the mods throw vanilla objects into their mods or just point to the content elsewhere.
            |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

Well, the mods DO reference a bunch of stuff in the mods/bf2 folder, so don't delete that! Just the stuff in the mods/bf2/levels folder!

Initially I was going to delete the whole thing, so to test it I renamed it /mods/bf2 -> /mods/bf2test. When I then fired up PoE2 it threw an error about not being able to find statics or meshes or something. So then I fixed the name and just tried removing the levels folder. Fired up the game and bingo! Everything works like a charm :icon14:

that being said, if for some reason you end up having to reinstall, don't blame me :icon_lol: It works for me, that's all I know :D

Comment

Re: Reclaiming 2GB from your BF2 installation

Jeenyus at Wrok

:icon14::icon14:
                sigpic

Living proof that "Teamplay ensmartens the idiotest of us!"

"

| | | | |

Comment

How did I miss this post? Thanks again W6..
                  "Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." Gen. George Patton

Comment

I had a full HD too. I had under 500mb left and i spent 50 bucks on a new HD. I freed up some space in my wallet and my computer! :)
                    sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X