help stop my ears from bleeding.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help stop my ears from bleeding.

This is going to sound trivial, but it really sucks... (keep in mind I've searched the forums and could find anything looking like an answer, so I'm starting a new thread.)

On evenings I intend to play POE. I turn off active virus scan, and then launch Team Speak. I connected to the TG TS serve, jump to the POE channel, listen for a bit... to check my headphones vol levels. Then I give a quick "shout" to the gentlemen already in the channel. (1 to say hey, and 2 to check I'm pushing levels of microphone.) Then I launch POE, and adjust vol accordingly once the map has loaded, and the squad is moving... Everything is pretty good.

Then the Map Ends and what can only be caused jazz fusion ending music comes on and completely blasts my ears off... so much so I can't hear any of the TS post match commentary, or the good byes, or anything. I have to cut the vol so much. I hear nothing.

I've got my bf2/poe audio levels at near max for VOIP, and at about 80% for effects and like 3% or music.

any thoughts? I'd much rather hear from the guys on the TS channel post map, than hear whatever that overly dramatic Yanni vs SLAYER fusion crap... oh and I don't want bleeding ears.

thanks guys for any suggestions.

-bench
    Park Bench

Doing laps of Lumber Yard, waiting impatiently for another POE Scrim.

sigpic

Re: help stop my ears from bleeding.

Is it really necassary for you to have music on? During loading i usally go to the bathroom or grab a bite to eat, so i dont need the music on. I think it'd be best if you just turned it off.

Comment

Originally posted by pwn3ge106 View Post
      Is it really necassary for you to have music on? During loading i usally go to the bathroom or grab a bite to eat, so i dont need the music on. I think it'd be best if you just turned it off.
      I think he means the music at the end of a round like if the British team won, it would play the British national anthem and show the score. In PoE2 it is pretty loud.
      |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
      Irregular since 2007.

Comment

Are you saying you have in game sound ok....then end round volume get's lounder...

Try altering the Global sound settings.

C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\Profiles\Local\Default\sound (Use Notepad)

game.setMasterVolume 75
        sigpic
        "Volatilis Quod Mactabilis"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse