Attack Of The Black Screens

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attack Of The Black Screens

i keep getting random black screens, i will be playing the game, then all of a sudden this massive lagg spike happens then the screen goes black, it goes back into the game, then repeats at some other random time, it does this a few times, then it crashes to desktop.
    ANY help anyone?
    the avatar is not me, its my favorite singer.

Re: Attack Of The Black Screens

I would say either a video card driver or heat problem. Make sure your drivers are up to date. If so, check the heat both inside the case and of the card.
    -33rd- BaneII
    Smokers & Jokers

Comment

i did, my card is the heat its suppose to be, its not hot to the touch, it gets a giant heat sync mounted on it, and plus its new, and the drivers are up to date, i did that a month ago.. is there anything else that could cause this? and how come this never does this on Call Of Duty?

Comment

did you blow a 'fuse'?

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

now how can i check if i blew a fuse?

Comment

The fuse is a joke, and a bad one... poor guy is gonna black-out his dad's house or something...

I can try to walk you through a few things if you want to find me in TS sometime. Otherwise, you'll need to make a spec list, and we can try to help with some specific answers.

Try to keep your problem to one thread, if possible, as well. You'll get better, more focused results if anyone can help at all.
            OPS, the bacon is on you.

Comment

That was not a joke. If you take your card, and look at it and find some capacitors, just check if the top of the capacitor is bubbled or if it is pushing up instead of pointing down- think of a soup can.

I had the same problem with an old Geforce 4. One of the capacitors overheated and pushed up- I know that realy the parts with capacitors can have the capacitors replaced (just I only know of one place that does that and he rarely bothers), but it is not worth it.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X