Is it me, punkbuster or the server?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it me, punkbuster or the server?

Hey guys I have a question. Lately I have been experiencing what I am assuming are lag spikes and chronic slowdown on the PR server along with frequent disconnects. Often I will get an error message saying the punkbuster B driver.exe has failed but not always.
    Sometimes when I get disconnected my comp will tell me there is an error listening on the socket and I cannot reconnect to the Internet without restarting. I have manually updated Punkbuster and when I test it it states it is working without error. Last night for 2-3 maps I was getting visual and audio lag that made it pretty much unplayable. I have also notcied a lot of players being disconnected often in an apparently random way.

Any advice on this would be very much appreciated as I have tried many times to update punkbuster etc. Obviously I am getting something wrong. Hell Id' even settle for someone telling me I'm not the only one lol. I looked at my firewall settings and punkbuster A and B are allowed as is BF2 etc. I run AVG free anti virus and Spyware Doctor and Spybot search and destroy (latest versions). Could it be a conflict with one of these. Failing that if other people are having similar problems is it a server issue.

Again any help will be much appreciated.

Yours in desperation.

Wick

Re: Is it me, punkbuster or the server?

Try playing without any of these programs running (firewall, virusscanner, spywarescanner). See if it still happens... at least you 'll know then if it 's related or not.
    Xfire: Iaintyourm8 | Ingame: GhostDog | Steam: Zuigmijnballen

Comment

I had the socket error for months.....and I used to get disco'd every hour and a hlaf or so. I realized my windows automatic updates was turned off for over 7 months, so I updated. This cut out the socket error, but i still just LOST CONNECTION TO SERVER, or had a PB error kick me. I went into Mcafee and specifically granted PNKBSTR-A and B permission to acces internet. That seems to have worked for me, cause now when I get disco'd I notice half the server did too, or the server crashed all together. Now everytime I boot my computer, I end process on Mcafee and everything else that is non essential and it's working pretty well.

|
      |

Comment

maybe try to manually update punkbuster

Comment

Originally posted by machowner View Post
          maybe try to manually update punkbuster
          Don't want to be an @ss but:

Originally posted by A.WICKENS View Post
          I have manually updated Punkbuster and when I test it it states it is working without error.

... as I have tried many times to update punkbuster etc.
          :D
          Xfire: Iaintyourm8 | Ingame: GhostDog | Steam: Zuigmijnballen

Comment

Keep on updating it and everything else, cant be any more hassle then getting booted for no good reason.
            Best thing is to remove completely, boot a few times then reinstall also ditch any add on grubbins till you have it working then if you must reintroduce, do it one app at a time

PB does not seem to like any app which protects its own memory space, it sees it as a hostile app evading detection

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X