Bf Memory Error

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bf Memory Error

Just early last week i just got my new computer for Christmas. Sadly it was a Vista 32 version CPU, all the specs are nice except for the Vista part. Once i started to playing my mods ( PR & FH2 ) it keeps crashing about 85% of the time. The most annoying thing about it is the BF2 memory error (memory.dll: all alloc attempts failed for size 4114554) i keep recieving. Everytime the map changes during the loading screen, this error happens and i crash to my desktop in sorrow :(. I dont know what to do and i WILL NOT STAND for this stupid error stoping me from play 0.7!!! i repeat, I WILL NOT!. So im asking my fellow members of the TG community to help me out here. Please dont tell me how crappy vista is for gaming because i already know, just give me advice or show me how to solve my problem. Thank you

Re: Bf Memory Error

Eh, It was doing this for me in .6 then i deleted all of BF2 and PR and forgot about it until i heard about .61. Then reinstalled EVERYTHING and it worked i was happy.

So just delete all your Bf2 files/uninstall/anything else. Then reinstall in the correct order.

Comment

correct order?

Comment

...uh it's pretty obvious what the correct order is.

Comment

well, since this is a BF memory error thread, I have had an error in BF 2142 that says to the effect of error memory is not sane (.......) memory insane. :madsmile:

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Originally posted by Liquid.Watcher View Post
            Just early last week i just got my new computer for Christmas. Sadly it was a Vista 32 version CPU, all the specs are nice except for the Vista part. Once i started to playing my mods ( PR & FH2 ) it keeps crashing about 85% of the time. The most annoying thing about it is the BF2 memory error (memory.dll: all alloc attempts failed for size 4114554) i keep recieving. Everytime the map changes during the loading screen, this error happens and i crash to my desktop in sorrow :(. I dont know what to do and i WILL NOT STAND for this stupid error stoping me from play 0.7!!! i repeat, I WILL NOT!. So im asking my fellow members of the TG community to help me out here. Please dont tell me how crappy vista is for gaming because i already know, just give me advice or show me how to solve my problem. Thank you

hxxp://support.microsoft.com/kb/940105
            (replace the x's)
            This hotfix resolves abnormal application behavior such as crashes and extremely low frame rates when running some 3D applications at very high graphics settings. This issue is not limited to, but has been most commonly noticed on high-end graphics cards and the following applications: Battlefield 2, Battlefield 2142, Civilization IV, Company of Heroes, Half-Life 2, Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle Earth II, Supreme Commander, and Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas.)

This will more than likely fix your problem.

-Dieselone

Comment

Originally posted by BeSiege82 View Post
              well, since this is a BF memory error thread, I have had an error in BF 2142 that says to the effect of error memory is not sane (.......) memory insane. :madsmile:
              Yeah I've been told too that my memory is insane. While that may be true for me, I can't see how my pc could develop a mental disorder.

Anyway, I'm on XP, just had a lot of problems with this on FH2 (xp) and I got rid of all crashes I believe by reinstalling the mod only.

Damned computers. I install the exact same file, twice, in the exact same location, with different results. You would think a bunch of zeros and ones would be the same every time right. Apparently my computer is using quantum logic or something.

Comment

I just got my new Vista 64 pc. Runs like a dream. Here's what I did to get it going...

1. Make sure you have auto-update on, you should get 42+ updates.
                2. Click properties on the BF2: make sure you run in XP SP2 compatibility mode and also run as administrator.
                3.It will run stable ( I assume it is powerful, you have not listed specs) with everything turned high except texture filtering turned to medium.

this is how I currently ran mine, HOWEVER, vista has a memory leak when trying to play BF2. So if you don't want to crash between maps you must set textures and lighting to medium.

However I have all high because it looks awesome and it only yakes me like under 10 seconds to load a map compared to 2 minutes on my old PC :)
                Before the effect one believes in different causes than one does after the effect.

Comment

If you haven't already ... run all of vista critical window updates. This helped a lot for me. But I'm back on XP for now.

Comment

Originally posted by <1sk>Headshot View Post
                    I just got my new Vista 64 pc. Runs like a dream. Here's what I did to get it going...

1. Make sure you have auto-update on, you should get 42+ updates.
                    2. Click properties on the BF2: make sure you run in XP SP2 compatibility mode and also run as administrator.
                    3.It will run stable ( I assume it is powerful, you have not listed specs) with everything turned high except texture filtering turned to medium.

this is how I currently ran mine, HOWEVER, vista has a memory leak when trying to play BF2. So if you don't want to crash between maps you must set textures and lighting to medium.

However I have all high because it looks awesome and it only yakes me like under 10 seconds to load a map compared to 2 minutes on my old PC :)
                    exactly my comp has 3gb and a quad core, it's specs r good but as u said b4, i dont mind loading for fh2 bc it really does take 10 secs to load :D. im just afriad bc it doesnt take 10 secs to load in PR. And what do u mean by 42+ updates?

Comment

3gb is your problem, 100% garauntee it.

You can try to edit your statup.ini by adding the /3GB switch to it, but BF2 like most applications, only run with a maximum of 2GB memory on 32bit operating systems. After 1-2 maps load, and you get to that 2049'th bit, it crashes.

There is a way to modify a game's exe to load with a bigger memory setting...but I think Punkbuster wouldn't like it.

(I don't think you would have a problem with vista 64 or xp 64 other than drivers.)
                      |TG-X|WAREHOUSE

Comment

take out a stick of ram and test it on 2GB...
                        |TG-X|WAREHOUSE

Comment

Originally posted by w.WAREHOUSE View Post
                          3gb is your problem, 100% garauntee it.

You can try to edit your statup.ini by adding the /3GB switch to it, but BF2 like most applications, only run with a maximum of 2GB memory on 32bit operating systems. After 1-2 maps load, and you get to that 2049'th bit, it crashes.

There is a way to modify a game's exe to load with a bigger memory setting...but I think Punkbuster wouldn't like it.

(I don't think you would have a problem with vista 64 or xp 64 other than drivers.)
                          how do i edit my statup.ini?

Comment

I was having the same problem till I did what Headshot posted above. After changing Lighting to Med., I went from a crash every other map to only about every 4-5 days.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Originally posted by Liquid.Watcher View Post
                              how do i edit my statup.ini?
                              I meant to say BOOT.ini sorry

http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/system...AE/PAEmem.mspx
                              |TG-X|WAREHOUSE

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X