Direct X 10

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Direct X 10

I just got a new graphics card (Nvidia Geforce 8800 GT) and it came with company of heroes opposing fronts expansion pack. Now, COH:OP is a direct x 10 game. I was just wondering if DX 10 IS or is NOT compatible with XP? If its not i guess ill have to buy vista.
    sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Re: Direct X 10

Originally posted by gijoe View Post
    I just got a new graphics card (Nvidia Geforce 8800 GT) and it came with company of heroes opposing fronts expansion pack. Now, COH:OP is a direct x 10 game. I was just wondering if DX 10 IS or is NOT compatible with XP? If its not i guess ill have to buy vista.
    Yep get you money ready because Bill will only put DX10 in Vista! So say bye to XP and hello to Vista.

ATM DX10 don't do that much difference (I have both and Crysis looks as good in DX9 then DX10), so keep your money and holdon until DX10 only games come out .

Comment

ok thanks. I really wanna hold off on vista until i have to change it.
      sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Comment

Well, my card doesnt work in my computer for some reason. When i stick the card in the PCIE slot and booted up the computer, nothing happened. The card fan turned on and all that but it didnt get a signal to the moniter to turn on. I went into computer BIOS, i changed the primary graphics card to the PCIE slot. When i boot up the computer still nothing happened. I think its because i only have a power supply of 370w and the cards minimum requirements are 400w. Also i think it could be because my mother board might not support DDR3 which my card has.(512 MB of DDR3)

Also, i bought 4 gigs of DDR2, and it doesnt work either. Origionally i had 2 sticks of 512mb to have one gig total. I bought two seperate sticks of DDR2 in 2 gigs. So two seperate sticks of 2 gigs. Anyway, i read my manual and my mother board only supports up to 2 gigs max for ram. not a big deal, because 2 gigs is still good. Then i had just one stick of 2 gigs in my DDR2 part of the board. When i booted up the comp, there was no mouse visible but it was still there cause when you moved it around it highlighted things as it passed over. Also there were black squares all over the screen, screen was way out of focus and the resolution was messed up.

Specs:
        ASRock, 4coreDual-VSTA
        Intel Core Duo chip @4400-2.2 gigs a core
        ATI Radeon 9600(old card/ works)
        Nvidia EN8800GT(new card and doesnt work)
        250 gig Western Digital HDD
        sigpic

Comment

New cards really take alot of power.Buy a new power supply and a good one not one for 20 dollars.Get at least 500 watts.DDR3 on video card doesn't matter to the motherboard.

Comment

really, ah well i was looking at a 740 or something like that, it was like 182 bucks at a local computer store. Even the guy at the store suggested that we buy a new power supply but my stubborn father who is putting this stuff in cause i dont know how yet says that it cant possibly be that because he knows all.

If you think about it, if i have 6 fans in my computer the mother,HDD,2 video cards and a disk drive, that is probably asking to much of my little 370w supply. No?
            sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X