BF2 Just will not start for me.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 Just will not start for me.

I wanted to try out all of the cool new mods for BF2 like PR and stuff so I reinstalled BF2. Well I have tried and tried, but I can't get BF2 to start up. When I go to start it, it just sits there at the splash screen(The big Battlefield 2 sign) and then does nothing. It doesn't eat up cpu like its loading it just sits there doing nothing.

I know my computer can run it as my computer can run BF2142 and other games and has also ran BF2 in the past. I made sure my video card was updated as well. The only problem I can think of that might help figure this is that when it goes to start I can hear my CD drive warming up then it just stops.
    |TG-Irr|WarV

Re: BF2 Just will not start for me.

Opps sorry...
    1. Does this happen with Vanilla BF2 or Just PR?

If it is happening with Vanilla BF2 see below.

Do a complete uninstall of Bf2, which includes manually deleting the old files and folders. Then do a complete install and patch with he most updated version 1.41. Do not install PR as of yet, then try and start vanilla and see what happens.

If it is happening with PR, then try to load up vanilla BF2. If vBf2 works then completely uninstall PR and all related PR folders. Do a complete install of PR...just make sure you read the intall instructions.

Please post back with your status,

B
    Last edited by Bc2ID; 01-04-2008, 06:37 AM. Reason: it helps to read the post completely before replying...
    "Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." Gen. George Patton

Comment

Originally posted by Bc2ID View Post
      Update your video drivers...
      I already did that like I said in my above post.
      |TG-Irr|WarV

Comment

Originally posted by WarV View Post
        I already did that like I said in my above post.

I know..I know..read above... :icon26: man you are fast!
        "Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." Gen. George Patton

Comment

This happens with Vanilla BF2. I first tried it with PR installed. Then I uninstalled it and just patched it with v1.41 and it did the same thing. So I uninstalled it and didn't patch it. I still get the same thing.
          |TG-Irr|WarV

Comment

Update: I was able to get BF2 to start! It seems there was a problem with my CDROM. I still have yet to try it with v1.41 and PR, but I expect the problem is fixed. If not you will hear from me.
            |TG-Irr|WarV

Comment

Great!

Comment

I run a virtual cd-rom with a BF2 mini image mounted.
                It speeds up the loading time and you don't have to have the actual CD in your CD-Rom.
                The image you'll find here:
                : http://gbw.naxphost1.com/dl.php?file...upImageAll.zip
                I use DaemonTools. Can't find a fee version right now.
                PM me if you need a working version.

Comment

Sometimes you may need to run registry editor and delete all the BF2 entries that are in the registry. I have had an issue one time with a failed install and would not install at all until I did the manual search in the reistry editor and then deleted anything that was dealing with BF2. For any others that may read at a later date that has the same issues starting BF2 up.

Daemon Tools has a site where you can download a free Lite version which in my opinion is all you would need to run the mini image. But Alcohol120, PowerISO, and MagicISO are some other programs that will allow you to do the same thing. Any program that creates a virtual drive will usually allow you to run the mini image to run BF2 without the CD/DVD. I do this as well cause it does seem to improve loading times but if you think about it I do not understand why. The information that the game requires to load maps is already on the hard drive and it does even access the CD/DVD except to varify the game disc for it to start up(sneaky way for EA to make maney if the game disc gets lost or damaged, hoping you will pay $15 to buy new disc from them).
                  Also, I took the BF2 Deluxe Edition 5 CD's and made them into one DVD so I didn't have to fool with all the disc when I needed to re install BF2. Wasn't able to buy the DVD version at the time from the store I was at. I can install using the disc of course but can not play, so I use the mini image to run the game. I don't pull my original disc out and they are kept safely put up.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X