AMD 3500
    MOBO ECS Rs482-m
    Radeon x1300
    1.5 ghz of RAM
    200 Gigs of space
    Problem exists both with Vista ultimate and XP
    AVG, spybot and Ad-aware
    Cable connection...now,

1.Classic 3-second black screen then CTD problem.
    2.Problem happens only after I install the 1.41 patch. I can play vanilla unpatched bf2. I was able to play on the same machine 1 year ago. Only change is Vista (however see 7 below) and a new NIC card.
    3. I put the d3dx9_24.dll and d3dx9_25.dll files into the Bf2 directory.
    4.Have tried everything I could find on the net including: editing the video.con file, deleting the profile, starting BF2 and adjusting my video settings properly then installing patch only to reach the same problem.
    5.Installed numerous versions of video drivers just in case.
    6.I tried looking at the dump files using debugging tools but no errors are listed.
    7.Finally I installed xp on this machine in addition to vista fully expecting this to solve the problem. Nope. Tried everything above only with xp this time. No dice.

Any additional insight would be more than greatly appreciated. POE looks so damn good now I can't wait! Thanks for your time.
    MrBadass_88 -Tactical Gamer since 2005-

Re: Beating the long dead horse. CTD problem

Since you didn't mention these, I'll just throw them out there.

Have you updated your AMD drivers for your motherboard?
    Have you manually updated your PunkBuster? (Probably not even remotely related)

I'd also suggest you run a check disk on reboot on the drive. If it's an older drive you could have some corrupt sectors causing you issues.
    "Damn them and their superior firepower!"

Comment

Thanks for the advise. I'm getting the drivers from ECS right now.

Comment

If it's still not working properly edit the target line of the .exe you're trying to lunch and set the fullscreen value to " 0 " then post the error message that show up when it crashes.

example:
        "C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe" +modPath mods/pr +menu 1 +fullscreen 0"

"Though I Fly Through the Valley of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 80,000 Feet and Climbing."

Comment

Unfortunately there is no error message at all. It simply does the exact same thing as before but in windowed mode. I am sure that it has something to do with the patch and my computer. It would be nice if patching up to 1.41 incrementally was possible to see where the error occurs but good ole EA just made one big lump patch. I might be up Sh*t creek with a turd for a paddle.

Comment

Another common problem with that is video drivers. The Radeon X-line is touchy and you have to make sure you're using the right drivers. If you're using a X1300, you have to get the X1300 Series drivers for the card. However, if youre using the X1350, you have to use the X1550 Series drivers. Check that and see if it helps at all.

Comment

YES! I finally got it. That was killing me. Well after all of the suggestions here and from other message boards nothing worked. I completely deleted Vista off of my completely separate hard drive and lo and behold I'm a gaming fool. Now I just gotta say, after working with and on computers for 16 years since the fifth grade, these things still throw me for laughing loops out of the sheer ridiculousness that they come up with. Now to binge game. See ya.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X