Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VOIP + Vista = ???

Hey there.

Just wondering could someone clarify for me if VOIP is impossible in bf2/PR with vista as your OS?

I allways thought it was a no no but several players in TG server the other day told me they were running vista and were all using voip.

Were they telling porkys? Cause i cant even get my windows ound recorder to pick up my mike, never mind bf2!
    Nihility

Re: VOIP + Vista = ???

im running vista home prem. 64 bit and it picked up my mic, headphones and all.

even asked me if i wanted to keep these settings :)

Comment

Hmmm....im running 32 bit....hmmm

Is yours a standared mic or is it USB?
      Nihility

Comment

Im using vista 32 bit on my laptop and vista 64 bit on my desktop. Both recognize my microphone just fine and handle BF2 VOIP as well as teamspeak with no problem whatsoever. I use a USB mic/headset on my laptop and standard mic/headset on my desktop, so I can confirm both types work.

Comment

Ok i just got a lend of a USB mic. I can get windows sound recorder to pick it up fine but the bf2voicesetup.exe thingy wont. And when i hit save chaes in the .exe it stops responding and windows has to close it. The recomded solution is to go to Digital illusions site and download bf2 v1.21....?

Someone please help me PR is hardwithout VOIP! Ive been playing it waay to long without it!
          Nihility

Comment

Sometimes the bf2voicesetup.exe doesn't respond to your mic but still allows you to use VOIP in-game. So just go ahead and see if your VOIP works in a game.

However...a number of ppl have had problems using VOIP with the X-Fi soundcard, do you have one? If so, check out these threads.

Comment

Also, if you have a computer that has front and rear ports for audio, vista will recognize these as different sound devices. Make sure you have the correct one enabled. Also, make sure to follow all instructions with your mic and TEST IT IN WINDOWS before you attempt to use it in game. If it doesnt work in windows, the game isnt magically going to find it.

You can check your mic settings by right clicking your speaker icon in your system tray (right side of the taskbar) and clicking on "recording devices". If your mic is working, the little gray bars next to the device description should turn green as you make noise in front of your mic. Talking generally works best. If you have multiple devices listed, youre going to have to go through them one by one until you find the right one and make sure it is not only enabled, but set as the default device.

Comment

You could be over modulating....Try dropping the Voip slider in the in game mic settings...I recomend Quater of the way up the scale.
                sigpic
                "Volatilis Quod Mactabilis"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...