Video tweaking info

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video tweaking info

This weekend I cleaned out my machine which was needed for a long time. While playing any game (for example, Bf2 or Starcraft) it would hit temps up to 150F. Now, after removing solid black dust, reapplying thermal paste and adding a new fan, it doesn't go over 120F.

I have been playing BF2 at 1280x1024 res with all video effects turned low/off. I'm currently bumping some up to see if I can get some better visuals without killing performance, now that I don't have to worry about overheating. What would the most important visuals be from a gameplay standpoint? Lighting? Geometry? I can deal with crappy textures, but perhaps antialiasing can be turned on.

PC stats:
    P4 3.0Ghz
    2Gb RAM @ 400mhz (I think)
    Ati Radeon x1350 Pro, 256mb
    |TG-6th|Belhade
    "I am actually looking forward to watching Jon and Kate plus 8." - Dirtboy

Re: Video tweaking info

the big difference I've found between the highest and lowest settings is the following three things:
    1. Shadows show up on high.
    2. On low, player models are darker colors (better on desert maps, worse on forest maps)
    3. "Fog" at max view range is much worse on low than on high. High settings make spotting "fog" silhouettes (i.e. spotting distant tanks, etc) easier.

Other than that, theres no real gameplay advantages to higher settings that my experience has shown me.

Comment

Re: Video tweaking info

Geometry is the most important as it will allow you to see farther the higher the setting is.
      doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
      X