cursor not working in BF2 log-in and menu

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cursor not working in BF2 log-in and menu

weirdest thing. I can't see the cursor when logging into bf2 and when on the menu. I have managed to get logged in because as I move my mouse around I can see things highlight so I know my mouse is working. Once I'm logged into the menu I can't navigate too well without seeing my cursor. I've tried two different mice. Never have this problem with any other application. Anyone have a suggestion?

thanks

Re: cursor not working in BF2 log-in and menu

Sounds like a video issue with BF2. Make sure drivers are fully updated and you're running the game at a proper resolution. Try adjusting the resolution down by one full step (i.e if youre running at 1024x768, drop to 800x600). If that doesnt work, try a full uninstall/reinstall.

Comment

I went ahead and uninstalled. Now, upon reinstall, I'm getting the message "Failed to load, try installing from the beginning" when I stick Disc 2 in. Tried it over and over. I have two sets of discs with two CD keys and neither one of them are working. Any ideas?

Comment

Yeah that same thing happened to me. What I did is just download a dvd iso of the game and then use daemon to install. Then I just use my regular purchased cd key when it asks. Now to address the first issue, do you have dual monitors?
        MrBadass_88 -Tactical Gamer since 2005-

Comment

No I don't have two monitors but I figured out the problem. I have a new 22" monitor. When I installed it originally I had a 17" monitor. Apparently, when I was attempting to re-install, it was not recognizing the resolution I had set with the new monitor as being compatible with the game. Cuz I went in and changed the resolution before installing the game and it worked! Most ppl here probably already know this but I'm not real computer savvy. Always learning.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X