No announcement yet.

How to make renderer.drawfps permanent?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to make renderer.drawfps permanent?

Ok, so by now everyone should know that typing renderer.drawfps 1 in the console (~ key) will display frames per second while playing.

Now here is my question. A long long time ago (like the song) on another forum someone actually posted the way to make this renderer command always be up by default. So when you loaded into a game it was already showing. My home computer, which has had BF2 installed for a very long time now, has this command set some place and it always shows my FPS. I never have to type in renderer when I start up the game.

I know from my scattered memory that it involves either typing renderer.drawfps into the console and typing a save command of some sort. Or it involves modifying a file in BF2 or in your personal profile settings to have it auto load, essentially typing it in for you at game start up without you having to do anything.

After an very extensive google and forums search through every single tweak guide on the bloody net I have found absolutely nothing to demonstrate this process. I know it exisits as it obviously has been done to my install of BF2.

Does anyone have a clue what the series of steps would be to recreate this wonder?
    "Young gamers assault while Older gamers flank."
    "When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Re: How to make renderer.drawfps permanent?

There's something similar to this, that I have read about (and will eventually try out) used for removing the nametags completely from the game (used mainly for filming purposes). It involves adding a line (read: modifying files) to the GameLogicInit.con file in your BF2 folder in the install drive (NOT your MyDocuments folder). What I am not sure about is: if its done to the parent BF2 folder whether it would apply to the PR install, or vice verse.

In this particular case, adding the parameters "renderer.drawNametags 0", would make the game start with this setting already off, and assumably it would do the same with the drawFPS command (being on, that is) at the startup of the game.

As a warning though, ALWAYS backup any file that you modify, just in case.

Hope that helps.
    Focused

Comment

Ok after looking at another suggestion I have figured it out. You have to modify a certain file and then add a line to it and then save. Obviously always make a backup of the file just in case.

How to make renderer.drawfps 1 permanent:

Go to: C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\Name_of_mod_here

Name_of_mod_here can be any mod be it \bf2 or \pr as is it in my case.

file: gamelogicint.con

Edit the file in notepad.

Add at the end of the file: renderer.drawfps 1

Save and then start up BF2. It will not work if you are loaded into BF2 already.

I have tested it within and without this line in the code and it works.

Feel free to add it to a tweak guide or wiki.
      "Young gamers assault while Older gamers flank."
      "When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Comment

Thanks Kilroy.

Comment

I just got kicked by the PB's MD5Tool and the error message cited the gamelogicint.con file. While I don't ethically see anything wrong with the above modification to this file, PB might view it suspicous.

Anybody else experience this prob?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X