MD5Tool Mismatch - Shaders_Client error

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MD5Tool Mismatch - Shaders_Client error

The error message given in a pop up window after Punkbuster kicks me.

Error: Punkbuster Kicked player 'Player' ...MD5Tool Mismatch: mods\bf2\shaders_client.zip (len=2048)

Background: I am an IT professional in real life so diagnosing bugs or issues with my Win XP machine is not a new thing for me. Keep that in mind. From the release of Patch .756 I have had no issues at all with disconnecting or getting kicked for this particular error. There are the normal connection issues (Esc Button Fix) and punkbuster getting confused and generating an error (Punkbuster A or B .exe not running correctly) but this particular PB error has not occurred until today. Just keep in mind that nothing had changed, no new programs were installed and I have done nothing new to my computer since I last played PR. Which was on Friday morning, 3 days ago.

Attempted Fixes in order done.
    - Update of Punkbuster (Manual Update from evenbalance.com website)
    - Complete removal of all Punkbuster files including hidden .sys in Program Applications folder and then after restart of PC a manual installation of PB.
    - Turning graphics down even lower than they already were. No graphics changes had been made prior to problem appearing.
    - I have no modifications to my files with exception of renderer.drawfps 1 being put into my gamelogicinit.con file which I have since taken out to test if that was the reason. It is not.
    - Complete Removal of all BF2 related programs. All PR files and all BF2 files removed. Additional folders left behind after Add/Remove programs sequence manually removed. All registry entries for BF2 or PR that I could find were also removed. This includes all profiles and settings for users in Documents folder.
    - Defrag Hard Drive and CCleaner my Registry and Cache files.
    - Ran Ad Aware 2007 and Norton Anti-Virus full scan on primary HD. No issues found.
    - Complete new installation via BF2 DVD physical Disc (NOT Download version), new appliance of BF2 Patch 1.41, Re-installation of PR files Setup and Maps. Re-patch of 0.756. Updated PunkBuster one more time manually after installation of all BF2/PR files.

So short of reinstalling my video drivers or removing all BF2 stuff and reinstalling it again or a complete reformat of my HD and reinstalling XP, I am out of ideas.

I have no earthly idea why this error decided to affect me now since the patch was working just fine for many weeks now. The PR Forums are no help as there is no fix specific to my issue. I will be posting this there as well.

Does anyone have any insight? Playing is impossible since I get kicked sometime within the first five minutes of the game now.

Add: Link to post in PR Official Forum Here
    Last edited by kilroy0097; 04-07-2008, 07:43 AM.
    "Young gamers assault while Older gamers flank."
    "When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Re: MD5Tool Mismatch - Shaders_Client error

Speak to the server Admin, they have punkbuster doing extra checks on game files in PR.

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f27-...lient-zip.html
    sigpic
    "Volatilis Quod Mactabilis"

Comment

I get the same problem. Started a couple of days ago. Did PB "patch" the software again recently?

Comment

I ask that the Admins and Owners of TG re-evaluate the addition of these additional shader checks as they are absolutely not stable and are making the mod unplayable for the users you have seen report the issue and the more users who have not reported. Additional checks can be reintroduced once the PR Devs figure out why this check causes PB to kick so many users now.

My newest post on the PR forum demonstrating the change: HERE
        "When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Comment

It's not the server's fault. It's something in the vBF2 files.

Read here:
          http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...r-pb-kick.html

Comment

I will attempt to reinstall the BF2 1.41 Patch and see if that fixes it. However if it doesn't then I am back at square one since I've already clean installed BF2 and PR mod twice now with no success. I will redownload the 1.41 patch again to make certain it's not the version copy that I have saved.

Comment

OK, I fixed mine by completely deleting the "mods/PR" folder and the "BF2" folder in My Documents. Then just reinstalled PR and patch.

Comment

So this is what worked on one of the two computers I have BF2 installed on.

1. Erased Battlefield 2 folder in My Documents.
                2. Patched with BF2 1.41 again.
                3. Patched with PR 0.756 again.
                4. Loaded into an empty PR server and tested it out for a bit.
                5. Played in TG server for over an hour without any PB kicks.

So that solution worked for one computer.
                My other computer (my primary one) for some reason now crashes every time it loads a map. So I don't know if I solved the problem there or not since I can't play a map long enough to test it out. I guess I'll just reinstall the whole damn thing again as well as my video drivers and hope for the best.

Comment

I have just PMed [R-DEV]Gaz on the PR forums as I have tried everything and have no other recourse. Maybe a Dev will be able to help me in some way.

Comment

Ok funny thing. Solved one issue and created another one.

I copied the shaders_client.zip file from /mods/pr/ to /mods/bf2/.
                    I no longer receive the PB kick MD5 message for shaders_client.zip. Yay!

New Problem:
                    I now get the MD5 message for other things.

... mods\bf2\Levels\Dalian_plant\client.zip (len=2048)

I find this to extremely hilarious and very sad at the same time. PR does not use the Dalian_plant file for anything as it's not a map in the PR package. I can't replace Dalian_plant client.zip file with anything because PR does not have a replacement for it. I have yet to play BF2 vanilla with this particular installation.

So the million dollar question is... Why the hell is PB looking at this file and thinking it's altered when it hasn't been touched and it hasn't been played and I'm not playing BF2 vanilla and it's a new installation less than a week old?

Anyone have a fix for this kind of random crap? Or are we all having ti go through it because we have to? I'm assume it will happen time and time again on other random files.

Comment

Im aalso having the same problemsand its sad cause i wanna play on the TG server so bad.....and its only on the TG server...Please help

Comment

I may have solved my issue. Link to my very lengthy solution below:

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f27-...tml#post653667

Comment

Glad you got it worked out, Kilroy.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Thanks. I just hope and knock on wood that it stays fixed. I also hope that my solutions in that link can get other players in my predicament back into the game.

Comment

Attn: PR Server Administrators

// !!! Disable md5-check for shaders_client.zip in psb/bf2.md5 if you use psb/pr.md5 !!!

This is the very first line in the pr.md5 file when you updated your psb files on your server.
                              Did you actually do this? Just wondering.

Seems awfully suspicious as a culprit in shader_client.zip PB kicks.
                              And might explain why copying the shaders_client.zip file from the PR folder and replacing the one in the BF2 folder would work in removing the PB kick for this MD5 inconsistency.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X