Major BF2 Error

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Major BF2 Error

Ok heres the deal, on saturday i bought a new 25.5" acer widescreen monitor. I didnt know about having to change the target to have the screen fit the game. So when i turned on bf2 it didnt work. So i got some friends to help me out. He showed me a link that told me how to change the target and i did. The game worked perfectly! Then i had some corners cut off as i played a bit. So he told me about the widescreen fixer program. So i downloaded it, THEN it worked perfectly. So i shut down the computer and went to bed.

The next morning, i turned on the computer to play some BF2 and as that little BF2 window comes up before it loads into the game movie. It sat at that window for a long time then finally came up with a bf2.exe error. So at that point i was told by a few people that i would need to dump BF2.

So i did that but when i did the whole BF2 folder was still in my documents, it didnt delete it. So not a big deal, i deleted the BF2 folder and made back up copies just in case on a portable HD. So when i went to put the game back in the computer it started to do the installation and immediately it started showing something it was installing (c:923874629834293462938) or something to that extent. Then when i started the second bar it was blank, there was no file going across the top, it didnt say what it was loading, nothing. So after about 30 min it said "Failed to install BF2 try from the beginning" and i have tried about 7 times now to install it with the same message. Please help.
    sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Re: Major BF2 Error

Check out post #5 of this thread:
    http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=33750

I hope this helps :D

"Though I Fly Through the Valley of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 80,000 Feet and Climbing."

Comment

Ok thanks Eol, the game is back in now but it still doesnt work on my widescreen, and i have tried everything!
      sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Comment

Can you tell me what's the error msg Joe ? What res are you trying to run ? What's your target path looks like ?

"Though I Fly Through the Valley of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 80,000 Feet and Climbing."

Comment

Ill run it and give you the info through a PM.
          sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X