I Am About To Cry Please Help :(

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Am About To Cry Please Help :(

I just recently got a new PC Win Xp and I am trying to reinstall my BF2 copy.
    The error I get during installation is

"File Error C:\Program Files\EA Games\Battlefield2\mods\xpack\menu\external\flashm enu\cursor\cursor_arrow.ani5".

I have tried Uninstalling and Reinstalling it still does not work.

Basically, if I thumb thru the errors; the game installs but there is no ingame cursor or pointer for BF2 or SF.

Please help...Greatly Appreciated.

Re: I Am About To Cry Please Help :(

It may sounds stupid but did you tried to patch the game? Are you sure the DVD is not damaged?

/eol
    Last edited by eol; 04-14-2008, 10:02 PM.

"Though I Fly Through the Valley of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 80,000 Feet and Climbing."

Comment

Hi eol Thanks for responding....I did install the patch twice when I tried installing and reinstalling. My next step would be to try a different DVD to see that solves it.

Comment

Install it from another vBF2 DVD would be the best option indeed.. you can always try to make a .iso of your DVD and see if the same problem occures but it might be illegal to do so ^^
        Run the install in safe mode could be another option but it wont work if the dvd has been damaged..

/eol
        Last edited by eol; 04-15-2008, 03:42 AM.

"Though I Fly Through the Valley of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 80,000 Feet and Climbing."

Comment

I'm trying to remember what the original fix was for this. Back in the day when BF2 was first released people were getting this same error. Among the solutions were:

1. Copy the .iso to the Hard drive and attempt to run it from there with Virtual Daemon or another program.

2. Make certain your anti-virus software is turned off as I believe it may interfere sometimes.

3. End it all application or turn off all extra applications off before installation.

4. Defrag your hard drive before installation as maybe a bad sector is causing this error.

5. Try another DVD.

That's all I got or can remember.
          "Young gamers assault while Older gamers flank."
          "When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Comment

Thanks Guys much Appreciated i will try all your sugestions

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse