Question about player names...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about player names...

I've been playing BF2 for a few months and have a username question. I want to change mine to reflect the username I use in flight and infantry combat simulations to assist people in finding me on multiple servers throughout the different simulations/games as well as all of the user web forums such as this one. I scanned the bf2player, and bf2s stats pages and found that the name was not in use, fired up my BF2 client and clicked the manage accounts button, chose the make new account button and set it up. Problems start here. I get the message from the game client that the uniquenick is in use. I tried to use the ea.com account manager and it has told me that my user/player name is changed to the desired but the change is not reflected at the client level login to account server.

Are the databases at bf2player and bf2s all inclusive or is there another master name database that I am overlooking that shows a more complete listing?

Or is this a simple issue of the serial number for my client being associated with the first playername? If so, can I remove that previous playername association to make the new association that I desire? I'm not concerned about loss of rank and all of that because I mostly play BF2 with the Project Reality mod and as most of you know rank is of no concern there.

I remember reading here somewhere that there is a local directory on my PC that I can delete and firing up the client will recreate it but I do not recall the search string used to find it as for the past hour or so my searches have not pulled the answer.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.
    "When trading projectiles, it's better to give than to receive."

Sua Sponte,
    Sabre64

Re: Question about player names...

Originally posted by Sabre64 View Post
    I've been playing BF2 for a few months and have a username question. I want to change mine to reflect the username I use in flight and infantry combat simulations to assist people in finding me on multiple servers throughout the different simulations/games as well as all of the user web forums such as this one.
    Try XFire to quickly find your mates

Originally posted by Sabre64 View Post
    Are the databases at bf2player and bf2s all inclusive or is there another master name database that I am overlooking that shows a more complete listing?
    BF2s doesn't track accounts with less than 100 points, I don't know about EA. You can create multiple accounts but you can't rename them.. if your name has already been taken you can always add the |TG| tag :row__523:

"Though I Fly Through the Valley of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 80,000 Feet and Climbing."

Comment

Re: Question about player names...

While I appreciate the xfire suggestion, I'm personally not interested in installing it. What I'm interested in is if anyone is familiar with how to do this. I'm quite certain that the name I wish to change to is not already in use. Every other game/simulation that requires a screen or user name I have setup recently with the same name except for BF2 which is the last to follow. As I said before I'm not concerned about rank. Keeping it won't do anything for my pension or give me more access to AAFES.

Thanks again for your assistance.
      "When trading projectiles, it's better to give than to receive."

Sua Sponte,
      Sabre64

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed