Solution to severe visual tilt when driving

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solution to severe visual tilt when driving

I did a search and haven't found the problem being addressed on this forum, so I thought I'd notify all the people here. As it is a bug appearing specifically in Project Reality I'm posting it here. Some might be spending most (if not all) of their time on this forum and not the one over at realitymod.com like myself :)

Anyone else noticed how their perspective suddenly and unexpectedly starts to get thrown around a LOT when doing turns in vehicles like the Vodnik, Humvee etc? I did one day and nearly felt sick after driving around just a little bit. EVERY TIME you make the slightest change of direction, the screen shakes to one side enough to make you dizzy.
    It's like the small tilt that your screen should do when maneuvering the vehicle to the left or right is increased to 45 degrees or something!
    Quite irritating, especially when doing some fine driving that requires a lot of keys being pressed in order to do small adjustments.
    Well I searched the official PR Bugs Forum and I believe I've found the solution.
    Original topic:
    http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f26-...-vehicles.html

CAUSE: The controls.con file was edited by Forgotten Hope 2 (!) upon install and maybe running it just one time. So if you're like me and unfortunate enough to have this bug starting to haunt you, please read on.

REMEDY: Delete these 2 lines in the controls.con of your profile and set a write protection before you start FH2 again. you might have to do this several times in the .con file.
    - Yes, Forgotten Hope 2 edited something which causes problems while you play PR! Ain't that something? Removing all instances of these in the controls.con will make your driving normal again.

ControlMap.addAxisToAxisMapping c_PIPitch IDFMouse IDAxis_1 0 0
    ControlMap.addAxisToAxisMapping c_PIRoll IDFMouse IDAxis_0 0 0

(Thanks to: l|Bubba|l )
    sigpic

Re: Solution to severe visual tilt when driving

I found that while driving a jeep, if I moved the mouse (to see where I was turning etc.), it would lean up to about 35 degrees in the direction I was moving the mouse.

Thanks for the info and the fix!
    |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
    Irregular since 2007.

Comment

(old news is old) but the old school fix for this specific problem was to clear you caches after playing FH2
      Skud

Comment

I downloaded FH2 but never actually installed it, so this wont apply to me then

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Thanks for posting this, as Ill be trying FH2.1 tonight to see if its any different/better than FH2.0

Comment

They Finally Updated?!
            Skud

Comment

the only reason i have never touched FH2, it's basically like a virus which changes things it's not suppose to and you don't even give it permission to.

Damnit Blizzard, fix ZvT already >.<
              In Soviet Russian, Arma admins are nice to you!

Comment

If you like to play FH2 and PR simply create a slightly different player name specifically to be used for FH2. For example I use kilroy0097-mod for PR while my normal BF2 account is still kilroy0097. I use kilroy0097 for FH2 and kilroy0097-mod for PR. So there are two different profiles with their own control.con. Now I no longer have this sort of issue.
                "Young gamers assault while Older gamers flank."
                "When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Comment

Yep, the problem occurs when these mods are sharing the same profile. Use another 'account', enact write protection on the controls.con or simply don't play FH2 :D I'm curious about the newest version though. Tried that mod out for about ten minutes on a nearly empty server so far -.- heh.
                  sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X