cant start pr

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cant start pr

I'm on vista, and I just installed pr, followed the steps provided. Installed core first then levels at default location, full install. But when i try to launch pr i get a warning screen which says i need to update my shortcuts and that i need to run pr.exe not bf2.exe.

However, I run pr.exe.

What to do?

Re: cant start pr

run the install again and click modify, or repair not sure which, and then when it asks if you want a shortcut say yes, and that shortcut should work, thats what i did.

Comment

Originally posted by ollie_fool View Post
      run the install again and click modify, or repair not sure which, and then when it asks if you want a shortcut say yes, and that shortcut should work, thats what i did.
      Ok, you mean the pr-install or the whole thing for bf2 and patching etc?

EDIT1:

I don't get any option which says modify or repair, only got the full or custom install. And still can't start pr.

EDIT2:

Also I can add that I've done the following with no luck this far:

I've disabled different stuff in my anti-virus software.

I've disabled different setups in my firewall, tried all combinations I could come up with really.

Tried to run in XPSP2 compability-mode.

Got some patches for vista too.

EDIT3:

Solved this I think, run as admin seem to do the trick. :)
      Last edited by mogwai; 05-17-2008, 10:46 AM.

Comment

Make sure you have ""C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\pr\pr.exe" +modPath mods/pr +menu 1 +fullscreen 1" in your target adress slot in your propertyies for PR. IT made mine work and I run Vista

Comment

Got another problem now...

I either can't login "server refused connection" or I can't see any servers in the list. I do have the boxes ticked for same version and same mod, punkbuster and the 3 maps...

:(

EDIT:

nvm that - disabled firewall 4tw :p

ok, everything working now it seems

thanks o7

Comment

Vista users who also have this problem, and get the "Use pr.exe, not bf2.exe" warning sign, just right click your PR icon and select "Run as Administrator". It worked fine for me.

| |

Comment

Easiest way to fix the whole problem. Dont buy Vista!
              sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

too late :p

Comment

easier way, turn off UAC. it's completely freaking useless unless you have a 6 year old using your computer who is going to be screwing with your command lines. you'll never have to "run as administrator" again, because it does it automatically.

I honestly dont understand vista bashers. it's just as bad as any other OS as far as bugs goes. I have 4 computers in my house all running Vista Premium on both 32 and 64 bit platforms. Had em all running that way for a year or so. Guess what, not one freaking bug, BSoD, crit error, nothing.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X