Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vista x64 / SoundBlaster Xtreame Gamer Mic Issue.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vista x64 / SoundBlaster Xtreame Gamer Mic Issue.

First of,

The Mic does work. Its works in both Ventrillo as well as Team Speak.

My ingame mic is not working in either vBF2 or PR. The green mic pops up, but no transmision. When I go to test mic settings in BF2 sound options I have no responce, as in it does not register the mic.

I beleve that it may have worked the 1st day I had the mic, but I also could have been talking to myself the whole round.

I will try deleating all Creative products off my hard drive tonight and reinstalling from scratch.

Please let me know if anyone has had simillar issues as Im sure there are other soundblaster users playing BF2.

-Thanks
    doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Re: Vista x64 / SoundBlaster Xtreame Gamer Mic Issue.

Is there more than one recording device? Some programs get confused by that, thinking (to paraphrase Highlander) "There Can Be Only One!"
    Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Well thats not the issue

Any other options?
      doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

Originally posted by Portable.Cougar View Post
        Well thats not the issue

Any other options?
        So you don't have any other recording devices or you are just not going to try scratch's suggestion?

You might want to see if Vista is muting your mic in game. I know on XP I've had this problem with 2142. I don't have Vista so I can't help you out any more than that.
        Big-eye101: "A true catman post a day keeps the bad mood away"

Please do not take any posts made by Catman seriously. If you begin to take his posts seriously, please seek psychiatric attention.

Comment

I do apreciate the help from both yourself Catman, as well as scratch. The internet makes it difficult to express your self at times.

I have removed all other recording devices less the creative ones.

As far as the mic muting, I have tried alt-tabbing after launch of BF2 to check if my mic settings have changed. The mic stays in the unmuted setting in creative console. Does it have to be unmuted though? When the mic is muted right now I can not hear myslef through it although I can still speak in TS and Ventrillo.

I have been looking around many diffrent forums (including creatives) for a solution for my problem. As of right now I havent found anything that seems to work. While I can remove the card, the ingame sounds are so good that it would be a shame to lose them.

Thank you again for any help you may be able to provide for my problem.
          doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

I missed the TS chats... are you sure you have the correct microphone set as default in your Sound settings? I'll be on TS later tonight if you want to go over it. I am running Vista x64 now with a SB X-Fi gamer if your interested..

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X