bf2 crashes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bf2 crashes

bf2 just crashes to desktop no errors no lag. it just closes down straight to desktop without any warning whatsoever

anyone know what causes this?

Re: bf2 crashes

I have the same problem it doesnt happen very often but i still want to try and fix it

Comment

Originally posted by jihadijeff View Post
      bf2 just crashes to desktop no errors no lag. it just closes down straight to desktop without any warning whatsoever

anyone know what causes this?
      I had a similar problem recently that in my case is it was caused by a conflict between DirectX 9c and the EAX sound function in my Fatallity Pro Gamer card. When I select render sound from "Software" vs the actual game card itself, it does not happen.

The way I got to that point was to download Windows Debugging Tools and open the BF2 crash file (.dmp). The BF2 crash files are stored in your Documents>BF2>dmp folder. Once you use the debugger and select "open dump file" and then choose your most recent BF2 .dmp file it will open it. At the bottom of that window is a line you can enter commands and the 2 most frequently used will be ".ecxr" and "!analyze -v". You will probably get a message referring to wrong symbols but if you look toward the bottom it usually tells you where the conflict is and you can probably tell by the file names what may be causing it.

Comment

Ive read this on the EA forums it seems like everyones does that or at least a majority =(. I was playing on an all infantry server and had like 120 points and it crashed I was mad cause that would have been another gold star.
        Sorry I only play Hardcore!

Pain and suffering are inevitable, misery is not!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X