VOIP not working in-game

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VOIP not working in-game

I am running windows vista home edition and i have an AVLABS headset. When i test the mic in that realtek thing it shows it as working. I have VOIP enabled in-game but i cant hear anyone and i dont know if hey can hear me.

I did not have the headset when i bought bf2 so when i installed i did not do that VOIP setup thing

Any know how to run that mic setup again or any other suggestions?

Plz i really need help!!

Re: VOIP not working in-game

Go to C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2 and then look for the application that says BF2VoiceSetup. Hit that, thats the voice setup thing lemme know if that solves ur problem.

Comment

Ok i went to the voice setup but it wouldnt respond to my mic at all. When i got my mic did i have to install it somehow?

Comment

Try lowering "microphone threshold test" level under Audio options. I found that setting it at anything over 2.5% disables my mike (you can fine tune it in Audio.con file).

I suspect the problem is caused by the Realtek chipset. Until last week I had a motherboard with SoundMAX onboard audio and BF2142VoiceSetup.exe used to work just fine but now that I have a Realtek it does not work in both BF2 and BF2142. Also EAX does not work with Realtek, if you want to use it in game you have to select software renderer.

For the record I am running WinXP Pro SP3.
        |TG-Irr| Demarcus

Comment

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...its-alive.html

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

well vista sucks jeeez doesnt anyone UNDERSTAND THIS, VISTA SUCKS BADLY. NOTHING WORKS ON IT MOST OF THE TIME, GO BACK TO XP :)
            the avatar is not me, its my favorite singer.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X