Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PB continues to fail.

Hey there.
    PB is still causing me connection problems and BF2. I have tried deleting the pb folder in the BF2 directory and then running pbsetup.exe(as per cougars post) but I still am having connection problems. Yesterday, I actually played through an entire map with no connection probs. I think the error might be server side. When I have tried playing Warrock, (which also uses PB) It has worked flawlessly on even the biggest maps. I had to manually update Warrock PB but after that, no problems. This is probably because warrock updates at least once a week. any suggestionsto get PR in proper working order? This issue really needs to be resolved before TG vs TTP.

oh and what is the difference between PnkbstrA.exe and PnkbstrB.exe? I am currently only running PnkbstrA.exe in task manager.

I agree with a with a post I recently saw. "Welcome to BugF2"
    [sigpic]

sigpic

"Always acknowledge a fault. This will throw those in authority off their guard and give you an opportunity to commit more."
    -Mark Twain

In game: |TG| Maxwell_Q_Klinger

Re: PB continues to fail.

What kind of connection problems are you experiencing? Are you getting handshake checks, server time-outs, or another kind of problem? As far as I'm aware, the only problem directly related to Battlefield 2 Punkbuster is handshaking.

Comment

I am pretty much getting everything. handshake fails, "there is a problem with your connection" errors, and disconnects saying I have lost contact with the server. I Tried uninstall reinstall BF2 and PR on a different hard drive and the problem still persists. No other games that I have are experiencing errors like this, not even the punkbuster ones.
      [sigpic]

sigpic

"Always acknowledge a fault. This will throw those in authority off their guard and give you an opportunity to commit more."
      -Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Portable.Cougar View Post
        Heres how to fix the issue

Go to Program Files
        EA Games
        BF2

In the folder you will se a folder named "pb"
        delete this folder

Now download the PBsetup Program
        Run through adding BF2 and updating the PB files.

Now check that you have the "pb" folder back in your BF2 folder.

Restart
        Frag away
        This shoudl help the Handshaking issues.
        sigpic

Comment

That "update the PB" fix doesn't work. I've tried it and I still get the error.

You're resident FireFighter/EMT TonkaTruck <3

Comment

I don't understand it. none of my other online games are having connection problems, even the ones with PB. I have even tried uninstalling BF2 and PR on a different hard drive, and I am still timing out on the server after 10 sec of a "problem with your connection" screen. I have tried cougars post and it did not work.

and also, does anyone know what the difference between PnkBstrA.exe and PnkBstrB.exe is?? I am currently only running PnkBstrA.exe and not PnkBstrB.exe
            [sigpic]

sigpic

-Mark Twain

Comment

Try reinstalling both?
              This is quite a conundrum...Try searching other forums if you can't get the help you need from here.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by zephyr89 View Post
                I don't understand it. none of my other online games are having connection problems, even the ones with PB. I have even tried uninstalling BF2 and PR on a different hard drive, and I am still timing out on the server after 10 sec of a "problem with your connection" screen. I have tried cougars post and it did not work.

and also, does anyone know what the difference between PnkBstrA.exe and PnkBstrB.exe is?? I am currently only running PnkBstrA.exe and not PnkBstrB.exe
                You need both services running. Try this FAQ. A link is given to download the PunkBuster Services (A&B).

DB

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

Originally posted by Sc[ + ]pe View Post
                  What kind of connection problems are you experiencing? Are you getting handshake checks, server time-outs, or another kind of problem? As far as I'm aware, the only problem directly related to Battlefield 2 Punkbuster is handshaking.
                  I am having problem. PUNKBUSTER ERROR NO PACKET FLOW. What does that meen?
                  MARINE62

Comment

Doh, is there no data packets?! What the heck...?
                    sigpic

Comment

hmmm pb really needs to get their act together especially with 0.8 coming out, if pb continues to fail then pr will become virtually unplayable. you cant keep disconnecting it kills teamwork and communication.
                      Originally posted by Evenbalance Inc.
                      Latest PB Versions Server Client
                      America's Army v1.668 v2.071 | A1371
                      Battlefield 1942 v1.457 v2.092 | A1331
                      Battlefield 2 v1.683 v2.091 | A1392
                      Battlefield 2142 v1.684 v2.090 | A1375
                      Battlefield Vietnam v1.458 v1.757 | A1334
                      Call of Duty v1.270 v2.013 | A1362
                      Call of Duty 2 v1.671 v2.057 | A1383
                      Call of Duty 4 v1.679 v2.078 | A1402
                      Crysis v1.663 v2.064 | A1391
                      DOOM 3 v1.306 v1.201 | A1308
                      Enemy Territory v1.678 v2.083 | A1382
                      Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars v1.455 v2.053 | A1313
                      F.E.A.R. Perseus Mandate v1.304 v2.019 | A1391
                      Frontlines: Fuel of War v1.662 v2.052 | A1356
                      Medal of Honor: Airborne v1.483 v2.022 | A1396
                      Need for Speed Pro Street v1.272 v1.297 | A1353
                      Prey v1.307 v1.269 | A1309
                      Quake III Arena v1.641 v2.041 | A1353
                      Quake 4 v1.305 v1.292 | A1307
                      QUAKE LIVE - - Coming Soon -
                      Rainbow Six 3: Raven Shield v1.451 v2.021 | A1348
                      Rainbow Six: Vegas v1.268 v1.295 | A1351
                      Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 v1.650 v1.296 | A1352
                      Return to Castle Wolfenstein v1.229 v2.017 | A1345
                      Soldier of Fortune II v1.644 v2.068 | A1363
                      Turok - - Coming Soon -
                      War Rock v1.680 v2.086 | A1403
                      The last two are the LATEST client versions. The first one is server.

Comment

I am fedup with PB myself please add me to the list of pissed off users...................

Comment

More PB probs, only got it working about 3 weeks ago, totally uninstalled PB and reinstalled it, deleted the old PB from my registry and everything, but now its playing up again. I think im just going to give up. Dont understand why it was fine for a few week, then keeps booting me now. Error is "time out trying to update PB"
                          Last edited by Jeepo; 10-01-2008, 02:47 PM.

Comment

I have also tried every fix there is, including removing all of PB even from the registry. The only way to connect is load up TG, get kicked for PB, load another server till over 5%, then reconnect to TG and I'm fine untill I close down BF2. Then I have to do it again.

The thing I hate most though is that every time I kick 2 people off a full server for this. A real shame. I have tried everything in all of the threads about this.

Honestly, it is clear that hackers can get trough PB anyway, so why the hell is it even on the server still? I believe it is caused by an issue between PR and PB, not BF2 and PB. It all started with the previous version of PR, probably when the new PB system came out (A.exe and B.exe).

Whatever it is, it is not some issue with another program blocking PNKBSTRB. It just fails to load under certain conditions.

The guys at PB have some serious work to do in supporting mods, or I think we should turn it off alltogether, and see what gives. The regular PR players are not so much the cheating kind anyway, and the cheaters can get on and even kill the servers anyway.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X