BF2 settings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 settings

Hi i have an ATI 2600 XT 512mb GDDR3 intel pentium dual core e2140 1.60 ghz 1 gb of ram and vista home premium. shouldent i be able to run bf2 maxed out? i can barely play it on low... at 800 X 600. is there something i have to do? a patch i gota get? because this is prety anoying. i have a prety decent system its not high end its just streamline it should play any games especialy old games maxed out but i cant... any ideas?

Re: BF2 settings

Upgrade (yeah, upgrade, not downgrade) to WinXP, or buy at least some more RAM. Playing games under Vista with less than 2 GB RAM tends to be very slow; also, many pieces of hardware have no or not well working drivers for Vista, so that may be an issue too. The processor seems to be pretty weak too; again, either switch to WinXP or buy a new one.

Comment

You're CPU's fine, but you definitely need more RAM. Video card is way more than BF2 needs.

Comment

ill buy more ram maby 2 gb so i can use 2.5 gb of ram the GPU drivers are fine i got the new Catalyst the processor is prety slow its 1.60 ghz per core 3.2 ghz if it was single

Comment

okso i checked my FPS in poe2 today with fraps its prety jumpy even on low at 800X600 its mostly at 100 though... but not all the time it goes from 40- 80 and then to 100... i got a couple bucks so im prob gona get a 8800 GS Superclocked or an 9600 GT OC and see what hapenes if it fixes prob then im good ifnot i will then go and buy ram wich i was gona get anyways thx

oh p.s. im also geting an nvidia card because of the new CUDA PHYSX

Comment

Your least expensive fix is going to be more RAM. POE2 may consume up to 1 Gig of RAM running some maps. If you spend money on a better video card you will still have the same RAM bottleneck. I have Vista Home Premium also with a 8800GT OC 512 with 4 Gigs of RAM and it runs the game fine. If you had the RAM your existing card should get 100 fps all the time. Newegg has had tons of great deals on RAM.

Comment

you got 4 gbs on windows vista home premium? do you have 64bit cus i only got 32 bit i think the most i can buy is probably like 3-3.5 gbs yea i have seen lots of cheap ram like 2 gbs for $18 and so on thx for the help

Comment

I have Vista Home 32 loaded now and may go to 64 soon. Everything is running great right now so my 64 disk is carefully tucked away. As you know the 32 bit cannot address all the RAM (it shows up like 3.25) but my point is, If you have at least 2 Gigs free (1 for running Vista and 1 for running POE) your system should reach the performance level you want without having to spend more money on a video card now. If you just add 1 gig for $18 like you said, you will probably see a huge performance increase just from that.

Comment

ya i just installed service pack 1 for vista... its supose to help but it didint. vista on its own with out the pack used 375 mb of ram now with the pack it uses 675 mb of ram...

rite now i have 2 slots each has 512mb of ram i will buy one stick of 2gb corsair for $20 and have 2.5 gbs of ram i will have almost 1.8 free gbs to do everything else this is prety decent rite?

Comment

Originally posted by Cotton926 View Post
                    rite now i have 2 slots each has 512mb of ram i will buy one stick of 2gb corsair for $20 and have 2.5 gbs of ram i will have almost 1.8 free gbs to do everything else this is prety decent rite?
                    I totally understand about working within a budget but you should try to run matched RAM sticks on your machine. It will run much better. You would be better off getting 2 sticks of 1 Gig dual channel and take your 512's out and save them for a rainy day. I will watch newegg and other sites for blowout deals on some value RAM that you may be able to work with.

Comment

would it be ok to get the 2 gb corsair and lets say for 2-3 weeks i have more money to spare i buy the same 2 gb stick to have 4 gb?

Comment

Originally posted by Cotton926 View Post
                        would it be ok to get the 2 gb corsair and lets say for 2-3 weeks i have more money to spare i buy the same 2 gb stick to have 4 gb?
                        If you buy exactly the same one: yes (I did that once, though I bought the RAM about 3 months later). But I still would recommend buying them together, as it is usually a little bit cheaper than buying both separately.

Comment

oh no but im buying them at Frys :P my dads gona go take me 2day... ill prob be able 2 buy another one in 1-2 weeks thx guys

Comment

I saw in the other post that your mobo is 2 RAM slots. You can run one side fine, but your goal should be to run 2 matched sticks for max performance. Good luck and you should see a big performance improvement with more ram and using those Vista tweaks I sent you.

Comment

ok thx

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse