Baffled with BF2 start up

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baffled with BF2 start up

Well guys i have tried everything i could find in the forums (here and elsewhere) of how to get my BF2 to work. ive played this game for over 2 years with no problems but all of a sudden it does not want to work.

here are my symptoms. i try to open the game, i get the BF2 splash screen and then it goes to load....black screen, then right back to desktop. nothing. i have reinstalled, re patched, updated my video drivers, used a nocd, disabled all front end movies, did a rain dance, but nothing seems to work.

my specs are

2.66 ghz pentium
    2gb ram
    radeon x1300/1550 512mb
    sound blaster audigy 4

any ideas on how to fix this? its getting really frustrating!! thanks guys!

Re: Baffled with BF2 start up

so i changed the shortcut to start in windowed mode and i now have an error! something that i can use!! yay...still i have no idea what it means.

heres what is says

debug assertion failed.
    version: 1.0.2442.0 Build date 2005-5-23 0:42
    module: rendDX9
    file: c:\dice\projects\bf2\code\bf2\rendDX9\videooptions .cpp
    Line: 234

Text: Unknown DynamicOption value [email protected]

this file does NOT exist on my computer. any ideas of what to do??

Comment

I had a similar problem before and I reinstalled DirectX 9c. I am assuming you are using XP. You can run "dxdiag" to see what version you are running and then use the DirectX updater tool from the website to see if your version needs to be updated. Sometimes conflicts just come for no good reason. Also, try lowering your video settings just to see if you get the game running and then bump them back up.

PS: did you use both of the ".ecxr" and "!analyze -v" commands on debugger?

Comment

I have the exact same problem, except I have vista. I did everything Shrubmite did (except rain dance). The game opened up and worked fine once i installed it. However, once I updated to patch 1.41 then it stopped working AGAIN. I remember i had it working few months ago. Once you find solution let me know.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by jb4 View Post
          I had a similar problem before and I reinstalled DirectX 9c. I am assuming you are using XP. You can run "dxdiag" to see what version you are running and then use the DirectX updater tool from the website to see if your version needs to be updated. Sometimes conflicts just come for no good reason. Also, try lowering your video settings just to see if you get the game running and then bump them back up.

PS: did you use both of the ".ecxr" and "!analyze -v" commands on debugger?
          ^^
          OR
          Did you redownload the 1.41 patch or are you using the same exe everytime?

Comment

Rite I got mine working, working through that problem... But another arose. Maybe my solution will help you although I doubt it :/

-I uninstalled Bf2 manually.
            -Installed Bf2. (did not restart)
            -Rite after install of bf2 i installed bf2 1.41 patch
            -Tested and it worked.

Now i've installed Project reality and it brings me to main menu. However when I try join a server it brings me back to desktop with no error. ???

Comment

Sometimes BF2 will not boot if your profiles are corrupt.

Try going to your ../My Documents/Battlefield 2/ and renaming your Profiles folder to something different. Rename it back if it doesn't work ;)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X