Cross keybinds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cross keybinds

First off, I play PR primarily and rarely play anything else...

I've had this problem for awhile now, where some of my buttons execute multiple commands and I can't fix it. For example, for a long time now I use my middle mouse button to Reload, but it also gives the "Affirmative" radio command.

Now I also have a problem with aircraft: the joystick button I use to change weapon/ammo type also scrolls through cockpit views. With both this and the above problem, I've cleared out all relevant bindings and re-bound in BF2, and also looked through my controls.con file but did not find anything out of the ordinary - that I can tell.

Anyone have any ideas about this?

Thanks!
    |TG-6th|Belhade
    "I am actually looking forward to watching Jon and Kate plus 8." - Dirtboy

Re: Cross keybinds

I know it may sounds stupid but did tried to delete your controls.con file?

"Though I Fly Through the Valley of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 80,000 Feet and Climbing."

Comment

As mentioned I would reset to default and reconfigure any custom keys you had binded. Deleting the Controls.con should work fine, as mentioned above.

If you want you try to compare it to my file.
      http://pastebin.com/m43922ab2
      (If you add your controls to this pastebin snippet there will be a "view differences" option)

Cheers,
      ZaBoo

Comment

No...deleting my controls.con file gave me...no controls. I couldn't even hit esc to get to the menu. So I copied the controls file, deleted out all the weapon binds, did everything manually...no go. I still have the cross-binds. I had to manually type in mouse button 2 (the middle button) since the game didn't recognize it - it always automatically sees my middle button as a PgUp. Even when it is doing reload with the typed-in entry.
        |TG-6th|Belhade

Comment

Well, I found the problem with my mouse binds...mechanical error. I use a G5 and it has a tilting scrollwheel. I use the left-tilt for PgUp and right tilt for picking up kits. Pressing the wheel (middle button) hits the mechanism for the left tilt button. Apparently it's been like this for...well, at least a year, and I've had this for about 18 months.
          |TG-6th|Belhade

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X