PR 0.8v

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PR 0.8v

Ive been crashing alot for since i got the new version and Im sure many have. But mine is constant after load maps and always crashes while switching maps. When it crashes it shows no errors in the desktop.

Re: PR 0.8v

I have been getting a bf2.dll out of memory error during map change. Not sure what that is about though.

Comment

Hmmm played a map or two, had no errors, everything was sweet. Loaded maps like three times with no errors. Go buy urself some more memory.

Comment

i have 3gb ram..

Comment

Game continues to CTD and I've reinstalled twice and updated PB as well.
          Forewarned is Forearmed

Comment

Liquid, have you tried emptying your shader cache ?

(My Documents\mods\bf2\cache)

DB

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

^^ what i was going to say. All traces of previous PR must be removed, seems to be an important point.

Also very low res causes a crash for some reason and also try double checking your memory is working fine with memtest

http://www.memtest.org/#downiso

Besides that I find I have to reboot after a few maps, it starts to lag. This is mainly because I only have 2 gig and ramiel for example takes 110% of that, which is ok but a reboot is good

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Blonov View Post
                Liquid, have you tried emptying your shader cache ?

(My Documents\mods\bf2\cache)

DB
                never had the previous version installed into THIS computer

Comment

Originally posted by Sabre_Tooth_Tigger View Post
                  ^^ what i was going to say. All traces of previous PR must be removed, seems to be an important point.

Also very low res causes a crash for some reason and also try double checking your memory is working fine with memtest

http://www.memtest.org/#downiso

Besides that I find I have to reboot after a few maps, it starts to lag. This is mainly because I only have 2 gig and ramiel for example takes 110% of that, which is ok but a reboot is good
                  even though i have 3 gbs of ram and a 512mb video card i still lag or glitch alot while playing 0.8v, so i have to lower my video settings

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Fighter_99 View Post
                    Hmmm played a map or two, had no errors, everything was sweet. Loaded maps like three times with no errors. Go buy urself some more memory.

4 gigs of 1066 ram, 512 8800gts......it's not the amount of ram.....hmm must be vista (NOT).

Comment

I have two folders inside the cache folder. Do I delete those, or just empty what's in those folders?

| |

Comment

the folders start of {d.... or something like that...you can delete all of those.

Comment

You can delete the entire mods directory, the rest is your personal settings

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

I've got the same problem any news on a fix?

Comment

once I changed it to medium textures, it all went away. Although I should note that this has only been a problem with PR .8. :(

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X