0.8 Memory Error Help please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 0.8 Memory Error Help please

Help! I uninstalled all previous versions of Project Reality and I deleted PR in the battlefield mod folder. I installed the new .8 core and levels. I can join servers just fine but I always have a memory problem. When I first join a server its fine and I get around 90 fps. But when I try to change directions or look left and right I get a lot of stuttering to the point that its unplayable. If Im walking straight and looking in one direction I don't lag at all. But once I try turning around the game grinds to a halt and theres a huge fps drop to 40. Once I stop moving it jumps back up to 90ish again. If I press escape the game crashes and says Memory Error.

The maps I played on were al basrah and ramael (only ones I could get on cause all the other servers are full).Ping was around 70. I tried 64 player servers and some half full servers to see if there would be a difference but I still lagged. A week ago I could play al basrah just fine before the update. All my settings are set on high.

I have 2 8800GTS in SLI and 8 gigs of ram, vista 64 ultimate, if you need anymore info to help please ask.

Re: 0.8 Memory Error Help please

Originally posted by Munkee View Post
    I have 2 8800GTS in SLI and 8 gigs of ram, vista 64 ultimate
    I think 1 of those 3 is a likely suspect!
    |TG-X|WAREHOUSE

Comment

I was going to tell you to increase your virtual memory, however... you said you have 8gb of RAM. Vista 64 is listed as supporting up to 128gb of ram, so I don't know the problem. Very perplexing and my post here has no point now.
      TG5th USARMY||JeonJiHyeon

Comment

Have you tried emptying your BF2 shader cache ?

DB

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

Try taking out each stick of ram and use one at a time. You might have a bad stick.

Damnit Blizzard, fix ZvT already >.<
          In Soviet Russian, Arma admins are nice to you!

Comment

I have almost the exact same problem; however, I only have 2 gigs of RAM. I attribute the problem (for me) to having page filing off. I still CTD once in a while after turning PF back on, but it seems to work better. With as much RAM as you have page filing probably means nothing, but if it's off I recommend turning it back on.
            The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving.

I
            #83 of 213 things you cannot do in the army.
            83. Must not start any SITREP (Situation Report) with "I recently had an experience I just had to write you about...."

Comment

I fixed the problem by dropping textures to medium setting. Unfortunately theres a problem with vista and PR that prevents it from running with high texture

Comment

That would have to be the strangest vista related problem I've heard about lol. Good thing it was a simple fix though.

Damnit Blizzard, fix ZvT already >.<
                In Soviet Russian, Arma admins are nice to you!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X