Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can a problematic disk drive cause bad fps?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can a problematic disk drive cause bad fps?

Lately when I download music from a CD on to my i-tunes I get some skipping when I listen to it. I was wondering, if there is some sort of problem with my dvd drive, if it could also affect gaming. I notice that gameplay with BF2 and Medal of Honor is real choppy and laggy lately.

thanks

Re: Can a problematic disk drive cause bad fps?

BF2 doesn't read from disc, and it is likely that Medal of honor does not either. When my DVD drive was failing, first simptoms were Vista would take minutes to open "my computer" or to boot if there was a disc in the drive. So I assume the O/S can get stuck up trying to read, when it cannot.

Comment

Re: Can a problematic disk drive cause bad fps?

Mulligunz what I would do to see if this is the problem I would download and install Daemon tools and then get a mini image of BF2. Mount the mini image .mds file in Daemon Tools and then start up BF2. This way you do not need to have the disk in the drive at all, a lot of people do this including myself to keep the original disk in a safe place so it doesn't get broke or scratched.
      You can download a mini image from http://files.filefront.com/Battlefie.../fileinfo.html

If you have a HDD that is failing it will cause the game to have bad FPS. I had this problem a couple of years ago and it took me forever to trace down the problem. From checking memory to replacing PSU. My HDD went out so slowly that I was unaware of it being the issue till I just heck with it and tried a small HDD for testing. A buddy of mine said it was the bearing or whatever that actually went bad and not the platters cause all my testing was coming back showing my HDD was good. The bearing apparently was not allowing the HDD to spin the platters correctly.
      Also, a good cleaning of the computer such as defragging, disk cleanup, and removing any programs or games you no longer use or play. Possibly scan for Trojans and virus's too. Stuff like this will effect game play performance.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
      X