Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Constant Diconnect Problems

Guys- I'm at a loss here.

I am constantly getting lost connection from servers. Every ten minutes I lose connection. What is even stranger, when it happens, somehow I lock up all the vehicles in the server.

can anyone help me on this?

thanks
    BR
    "Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?" Then I said, "Here am I. Send me".

-Isaiah 6:8

Re: Constant Diconnect Problems

Need more info fella, are you getting messages, or CTD "Crash to Desktop"

What game are you talking about? Vanilla BF2, Pr, 2142 Ect

What you could check is

1. Are you running vista? If you are you will need to update Punkbuster Manualy

2. Is the server your on punkbuster? If so you need to enable it.

3. Does normal BF2 work? By this I mean another server.

Are you sure your modem isn't getting reset due to high bandwidth useage? Mine just starts resetting in a loop sometimes.

We need more info...
    sigpic
    "Volatilis Quod Mactabilis"

Comment

Since this problem occurs in set intervals, I'm going to hazzard a guess and say that it is the Wireless Zero Configuration service that is casuing the problem (searching for alternate networks every few minutes), resulting in lag spikes, disconects.

So, what I'm going to suggest is that you allow WZC to establish a connection to your network, and then actually disable it -- this will let us know if it's WZC causing the issue.

Once you have established a connection, goto Start --> Run --> type services.msc and press OK --> Scroll down to Wireless Zero Configuration (it'll be at the bottom), right-click and select Properties --> Click Stop -- wait for the service to stop, and then click OK. Now, try that game again; do you still recieve Discons? just try to play your game..

Warrior
      sigpic

Comment

I know with an AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual Core Processor on Windows XP I had huge problems with getting disconnected from all BF2 servers. My connection would stay in tact, but BF2 "has lost it's connection". The fix was to download a driver from the AMD website. There may be simular problems with Quad Cores.

Please note this fix is ONLY for AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual Core Processor users running Windows XP:

- Download and install
        • AMD Processor Driver Version 1.3.2.0053 for Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 (x86 and x64)
        • AMD Dual-Core Optimizer Version 1.1.4

http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/..._13118,00.html

Could be totally off base, as theres not many details provided in the original post.

Comment

Zaboo you have a point there.
          sigpic

Comment

Warrior, my fault for not replying with more info...I appreciate you pm'ing me.
            All that happens is that I freeze up in game, then get kicked for "You lost connection to server" and am back at the server list screen.

I thought I had fixed the issue by turning down firewall....but unfortunatley it has started again. I believe it is something with my Netgear wireless router.

the weirdest part is that when it happens, I lock up the vehicles in the server...it makes no sense.

I will try your suggestions Warrior and let you know how I make out.

thanks again
            BR
            "Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?" Then I said, "Here am I. Send me".

-Isaiah 6:8

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X