BF2 Installation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 Installation

So last week I got my first computer virus. Well, it locked down everything and I couldn't do a thing. Every time I tried to to go task manager or even push the start button, it would shut down. So instead of hiring somone to fix it, I just formatted the hard drives and reloaded windows. Everything is running great except for 1 thing.

Every time I try to install BF2, on the third install disk, it would have an error saying "Failed to install. Please start installation from the beginning." I did this a few times before I realized something was wrong.

Anyone have this before and if so, how'd u fix it. I need BF2 (for PR)....the only reason I even own a computer. lol. Thanks!

EDIT: I am running XP Pro 32. I have also downloaded all of the Windows Updates...service packs...etc. Downloaded latest drivers for my components as well.
    Last edited by Bandaid; 01-09-2009, 08:13 PM.
    sigpic
    I'm Back.

Re: BF2 Installation

This is the last file that loads...I googled that dxnt.cab file. I guess it's a Direct X file, so I updated my Direct X, but that still didn't work.

sigpic
    I'm Back.

Comment

Re: BF2 Installation

After spending alot of last night on the internet trying to figure out what the problem is, I think my 3rd disk is bad. It isn't scratched or anything, but thats the only thing I can think of. I tried to manually install it (copy disk contents onto the hard drive). 1-2 disks went fine, but the third, I got an error again.
      sigpic
      I'm Back.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...