looking to upgrade

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking to upgrade

I am currently looking to upgrade my videocard and ram and was wondering if it would be enough to run PR on high.

Current System:
    nvidia geforce 6100 integrated 512mb
    amd athalon 64x2 dual core 2.21ghz
    1.87gb ram

Upgrade:
    geforce 9400gt 1gb and another stick of 1gb ram

Thanks

Re: looking to upgrade

I'd say get more ram that you stated, and an ATI 4800 series. The 4800 series has the most bang for your buck. I think the 4850 512 MB card goes for 150 dollars or less, which should be fine to play PR on high. Or you could get the 1GB 4870, but that's quite a bit more money.

|TG| Eudiphon

sigpic
    "But in contemplating history as the slaughter-bench at which the happiness of peoples, the wisdom
    of states, and the virtue of individuals have been sacrificed, a question necessarily arises:
    To what principle, to what final purpose, have these monstrous sacrifices been offered?"
    - G.W.F. Hegel Reason in History

Comment

Originally posted by bigtuna View Post
      I am currently looking to upgrade my videocard and ram and was wondering if it would be enough to run PR on high.

Current System:
      1.87gb ram

Upgrade:

Thanks

What Operating System are you useing fella
      sigpic
      "Volatilis Quod Mactabilis"

Comment

Windows Xp 32bit

I should also add that I have a 300w power supply and will probably upgrade that along with the video card. I am trying to stay on budget though and running the game so it looks like its highdef is not a priority. I use to play PR on my current system and then I went and played it on a better machine and noticed all the emblems and minor details that make the game visually pleasing. Being able to see things like this and not have lag is what I am looking for.

Comment

Current System:
          1.87gb ram

Upgrade:

I think you would be on target with these specs and the Graphics Up grade mate....wtg
          sigpic

Comment

I have a 8600GTS 256 mb/4 gigs RAM and can run PR fine on high. WinXP 32 bit, AMD 5200+ Dual-Core. Not extremely expensive.

Comment

Tuna if you are in the UK mate....yer gonna get pings of 100-130 to the TG server...aint a lot you can do about that....the hardware specs you mentioned will be good for you...always a good thing to have yer connection wired...not wireless...that helps to.
              sigpic

Comment

alright thanks for the help, I went ahead and bought whats in the first post and I hope to get in a few matches with everyone

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X