Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Can't Get BF2 To Install AT ALL On Vista x64, NEED HELP!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Can't Get BF2 To Install AT ALL On Vista x64, NEED HELP!

So I joined this site specifically to get some help with this problem, but it looks like a cool site, so if I can fix this problem and actually start playing BF2: PR again I think I'll stick around.

Here's the situation:

After looking everywhere for some kinda clue as to how I might solve the problem using other people's experiences, I haven't been able to find a single person who seems to have the same problem. I can run the autorun.exe just fine. I get the "this game has only been tested in 32 bit" popup, click ok, and I go on to start the installation. It says BF2 is configuring your new software installation and it starts to install the program files. But then, after no more than a minute, sometimes under 20 seconds, a popup comes up and says "Failed to install BF2, try again from the beginning", and that's as far as I can get.

I had this game running fine on my old computer. It seems everyone else who's having problems can at least install the game completely. Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks

Re: I Can't Get BF2 To Install AT ALL On Vista x64, NEED HELP!

I solved the problem and installed everything completely. For the week or so after I'd have periodic crashes to the desktop, but nothing too bad... that is, until this weekend when my computer decided it didn't like me playing it anymore. Every time I'd enter a game it would crash to desktop after 20 seconds to 3 minutes. No error warning, just BAM, you're now looking at your desktop. It's got to be a problem with vista 64 because my hardware is fine, drivers are updated, but I don't know what, if anything, changed to make this problem occur. I tried switching everything to medium settings, but that had no effect. I always run it as an administrator with nothing going on in the background.

Any ideas?

Comment

I run Vista with a Core 2 Quad, and I occasionally get those crashes to the desktop, but after a few several hours of playing...

I was just about to tell you to run it with administrator but it looks like you've already done that.

Project Reality: |TG| Dragyns
      TG Supporting Member, and Serving Canadian Armed Forces Member
      Canadian Forces Land Force Command - "Vigilamus Pro Te" We Stand on Guard for Thee

Comment

Ok try knocking your Grath Driver version back...to the one before the one you have now.
        Last edited by uk-warrior; 03-30-2009, 05:14 PM. Reason: Added Info
        sigpic
        "Volatilis Quod Mactabilis"

Comment

Originally posted by uk-warrior View Post
          Ok try knocking your Grath Driver version back...to the one before the one you have now.
          How might I do that? I'm not entirely sure of what you mean.

Comment

Example...If you have 182 Nvidia driver go for the earliar version before it...

http://www.nvidia.co.uk/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-uk

And the same for ATI Drivers

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx

It really is not that hard to understand is it lol
            sigpic
            "Volatilis Quod Mactabilis"

Comment

For those of you using more than 2gigs of ram remember to use this .exe change:
              http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f27-...s-v0-85-a.html
              scroll to the last question answered for a link to the download

It allows BF2, which is a 32 bit program, to use as much ram as it wants. This will eliminate CTDs after loading maps. Ive been running PR on vista home x64 and have not really had any persistent crashing problems

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X