Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 opens then closes

Hi,

I just installed BF2 haven't played it yet but when i open it the ea games logo pops up then a black screen comes up like it's about to play then it just go's back to desktop and nothing happens.

I've tried re-installing it and i run a vista computer here are my specs ( im not very good with giving out this info but if i didn't give it all out just tell me what you need and i'll list it) :

Service pack 2

memory(RAM) 1012MB RAM

32 bit operating system

Intel(R) Pentuim(R) Dual CPU E2160 @ 1.80GHz (2 CPUs), ~1.8GHz

DirectX 10

Um once again im not very good with computers but if you need anything else tell me, thanks.

Also im pretty sure my specs aren't the problem because ive played other games like world of warcraft without a problem

Re: BF2 opens then closes

you dont have enough RAM. You need 2 GB (2048 MB) minimum if you want to play it on a Vista system. Do you know what video card you are running? Is it a homebuilt machine or is it like something you bought from Dell? If its a Dell machine I can look up the system config and tell you what you need.

It sounds to me like you are running onboard graphics based on that RAM number. This is no good and will crash to desktop if this is the case.

And BTW, Welcome to TG!

Comment

Originally posted by MrShawn305 View Post
      you dont have enough RAM. You need 2 GB (2048 MB) minimum if you want to play it on a Vista system. Do you know what video card you are running? Is it a homebuilt machine or is it like something you bought from Dell? If its a Dell machine I can look up the system config and tell you what you need.

It sounds to me like you are running onboard graphics based on that RAM number. This is no good and will crash to desktop if this is the case.

And BTW, Welcome to TG!
      It's not home built i bought it at the store lol and i could run WoW in this computer so im confused because i thought WoW was a harder program to run then BF2 and im not sure about the video card

Comment

I think BF2 is heavier than WoW. What is the make and model of your PC. If it is a Dell, what is the service tag?

Comment

BF2 should run, and will be fine on them specs on about medium/low. As for why it won't open try installing the latest Direct-X. Did you have BF2 installed previously? If so I would clear out your profiles (My Documents/Battlefield 2/profiles/) folder

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X