Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sudden High Ping

Hi,
    Last time I played BF2 (PR) was on Sunday, it was all ok, I had the amount of ping that i usually have when playing on the tacticalgamer server (160-190). I didn't play until yesterday (wednesday) and when I joined the server I got kicked for a "Corrupted packet flow". I know this is a common problem with PunkBuster, so I reinstalled punkbuster and I was able to join the server, but now with and INCREDIBLY high ping of about 700.

I though it might be my ISP, but internet speed is normal and ping is too (I checked at speedtest.net, though I don't know if it is such a reliable source). The probblem seems to be exclusive for BF2. I tried joining other server, even the local ones, where my ping is always around 20... this time it was around 200.

I don't know what it can be, I even reinstalled the game, but the problem remains.

Anyone has any ideas? Could it be mi ISP (I seriously doubt so, it's the best ISP for gaming/p2p here).

My specs:

Dell Vostro 1510 Laptop.
    C2D T5670 1.8GHz
    2GB Ram
    NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS
    HDD 160GB

Please heeelp! I want to play PR!!! :P

In-Game: |TG-Irr|Dreves

Re: Sudden High Ping

NVM About this, I couldn't find a solution so I simply formated my computer, and guess what, now it works :) So i guess it was a virus/trojan or somthing that my antivirus wasn't able to find.

In-Game: |TG-Irr|Dreves

Comment

Ok i have the very same problem, but i fixed this problem, please respond to these questions before i can tell you, or do what i say.
      Don't download while on a game, if you are on a wireless routor and there is more then 1 computer in your house, tell everyone to not download music or videos or etc... and plus alot of windows up, even on the other computers can effect your own ping, so tell your brothers or sisters or mom or whatever to shut off there computer if there not on it, or turn off websites they do not need, refresh your wireless routor, reconnect. try to get your routor\ d-link netgear or whatever as close to the main computer or routor.

Comment

Hi guys , iam playing everyday steam games such as left4dead , counter-strike source and day of defeat source and my ping was around 50-170 and suddenly one day when i tried to play left4dead i saw that my ping was 1000+ in every server i joined and i also saw that my ping was similar at all my steam games . i tried everything , i even reinstalled all my steam games and it was the same ping . if anyone has the solution to my problem i would be gratefull.

Comment

Try resetting your router/modem.

There could be a lot of things that is causing it, Nikos. So don't expect the above to be the definite answer

Comment

what do you mean resetting?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse