B2 disk won't read on Vista computer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B2 disk won't read on Vista computer

I just recently bought the Complete Battlefield 2 Collection and inserted the disk to install it on my desktop that has Vista Home (32 bit), but nothing happened. I went to open the disk drive manually in My Computer, clicked on the cd rom drive, and got the message: "Please insert a disk." I have a laptop with XP installed on it, and when I inserted the CD, the installation menu automatically popped up. I inserted other gaming CDs into the desktop with Vista, some of which are newer than Battlefield 2 (Half-Life 2: Episode 2 for example) and all work fine.

I have gone to countless websites, but I can't seem to find the issue repeated more than once or twice, which had useless answers to them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated; I'm not sure what else to do.

Thanks.

Re: B2 disk won't read on Vista computer

I have this same problem, I'm running the 64 bit version of Vista Home Premium and my computer just doesn't read the disk. The disks are fine, as I was able to install the game on my old XP rig.

Any help appreciated!

Comment

There shouldn't be any issues running the disc on Vista. Are you able to browse the disc through my computer? If so, try manually running the setup.exe contained on the disc. Are you sure the disc + CD/DVD readers are in good shape? In both scenarios your attempting this on a different computer. There are a lot of other potential problems beyond the operating system you are running.

Comment

Unfortunately, I'm not able to browse the disc in my computer as the disc isn't even recognized. I put the disk in while I'm looking at the disk drive in my computer and the icon doesn't change to the Battlefield icon, I right click on it and it ejects the CD, saying "Please insert a disk."

It's not a disk problem as it works in other computers with XP.

It's not the disk drive itself because when I put other gaming CDs in it, they run normally. Also, the drivers are updated.

Service pack 2 for Windows Vista is installed, so it's not a lack of updating Windows.

Not sure what else it could be other than something with Vista, so any ideas would be welcome.

Thanks for the help.

Comment

Originally posted by PJMM90 View Post
          Unfortunately, I'm not able to browse the disc in my computer as the disc isn't even recognized. I put the disk in while I'm looking at the disk drive in my computer and the icon doesn't change to the Battlefield icon, I right click on it and it ejects the CD, saying "Please insert a disk."

It's not a disk problem as it works in other computers with XP.

It's not the disk drive itself because when I put other gaming CDs in it, they run normally. Also, the drivers are updated.

Service pack 2 for Windows Vista is installed, so it's not a lack of updating Windows.

Not sure what else it could be other than something with Vista, so any ideas would be welcome.

Thanks for the help.
          I have the same situation. The only other disk that I've not been able to recognize is another XP game, Age of Empires II. All other games I own run fine.

Comment

Are you both running Complete Battlefield 2 Collection? Maybe they mucked up on the disc. You could download a "backup copy" off torrents, if they are still around.

Comment

I have the disk for Battlefield 2 only. I've already downloaded a torrent for it in an attempt to use my key again, but every time I tried to open it, it would crash to desktop, which apparently is a widespread problem for even non-pirated copies of BF2 on Vista.

I'm contemplating buying a new disk, but I don't want to waste the money if I'm going to have the same problem.

Comment

I contacted EA support regarding this issue. While they guy I spoke with didn't know the cause, he escalated it to a higher tier of technical support; hopefully they can diagnose the problem.

I was told that as an alternative, in case the problem cannot be troubleshooted, would be for EA to grant access to an online copy of the game. To do this, you would have to register an account at support.ea.com and submit a question. This is like a request for them to resolve any problems you might be having.

In the request, you should explain the issue and provide the original keys for Battlefield 2: Complete Collection, so that they can verify that these keys are yours and then afterwards disable these keys and give new ones that work with the online copy that you will download. I was told this process would take about a few days to complete, maybe more.

I'm willing to wait to see if they can successfully troubleshoot the problem so that I can use the CD and the keys that came with it in the future.

I will post more when I find out.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X