Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RESTRICTION: Inadequate O/S Privileges

Guys and Gals
    I have been having difficulty with loading/playing. I was so frustrated, I deleted all the BF2 files/uninstalled BF2 and all the mods and then reloaded tonight.

Now I get an error message when I tried to play multiplayer:
    RESTRICTION: Inadequate O/S Privileges

And it kicks me!! What gives? Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Mahoney310

Re: RESTRICTION: Inadequate O/S Privileges

You need to play the game under a windows account that has administrator privileges.

POE2 Developer

Comment

yeah but i'm the only person on the computer!! i havent had this ever happen and i'm basically like a 3yr old operating this computer. i can push "go" and that's about it. then i just shoot bad guys on the TG server. so anything beyond that and i'm screwed!

Comment

What operating system are you running? ie Vista, XP, etc. I was running Vista for a short time and had problems with o/s privs. If I remember correctly, you can right click the BF2 icon and then left click "run as admin". Also, after the inital right click on the icon, I believe you can go to properties and then click a box to always run as admin. GL!
        MANUS HAEC INIMICA TYRANNIS

Comment

Sweet! Yes that worked! I'm running Vista and that got me on to the TG server tonight, but now I got a new error...Punkbuster kicked me. It said "This PB server requires (A1392 C2.194) - Error loading pbcl" Man. This is frustrating as poop.

Comment

Originally posted by Mahoney310 View Post
            Sweet! Yes that worked! I'm running Vista and that got me on to the TG server tonight, but now I got a new error...Punkbuster kicked me. It said "This PB server requires (A1392 C2.194) - Error loading pbcl" Man. This is frustrating as poop.
            Go to this page:
            http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=dl-bf2.php
            and follow the instructions for updating punkbuster.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X