Battlefield 2: BSOD and other things

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlefield 2: BSOD and other things

Okay so I recently bought Battlefield 2 full DVD set, and after about 6 hours of finally getting it installed/getting through minor errors, I start playing. I play 2142 on total high settings (except for antialiasing) and it runs perfectly (lag here and there). So I figured if Battlefield 2 is older, then I should be able to run it on high. I guess I was wrong, because I'm forced to use most of my settings on medium/low/high. This is because when I had it higher, I would get lots of Blue screens! (nv4_disp.dll errors.) So once I lowered it, it stopped doing it ALOT, (which only took a couple minutes) and now it does it every 2-3 hours (Only on Battlefield 2, I can run COD4 on max.) Also, sometimes in vehicles or when things explode around me, I get these ugly black or white lines that appear on my screen and keep flashing around. They eventually go away, but this is annoying. If I restart the game it doesn't do the flashing lines for awhile, then I have to restart when it happens. (sometimes while closing the game I bluescreen too, both SF and BF2). I just really like this game more than 2142, since I have played 2142 for years and I like the new change. but i'm rather depressed it's having lots of difficulty staying top-notch, especially after lowering graphics.

I also opened up my computer and cleaned it with a vaccume cleaner, everything, even took out the graphics card and sucked all the dust out of the fan.

I would really like some help, and maybe if It's fixed I can play with TG! ty.

Re: Battlefield 2: BSOD and other things

Originally posted by Industrial View Post
    (nv4_disp.dll errors.)
    As a matter of fact, the problem says by itself - video accelerator, it's driver. Reinstall it, but before it delete old one with all its tails and remains. Also depends on what kind of your hardware is and how it works. A frequent game crashes - it's a problem of 14.1 patch, install it again and again. That's my opinion. Good luck.

Comment

Well, are there ANY other suggestions? It took me like 4+ hours to install everything and I'd really just like to play. But if nothing else comes up I guess I will re-install it . . .

Comment

Okay, new updates: tried reinstalling, updated audio driver, changed graphics (the graphics settings don't change anything, I found out.) After updating my driver, I didn't have the flashing problem (NOT YET) but I only played it for less than an hour. I only bluescreened when I tried to exit the vanilla game. At least I know it isn't the graphics problems, because I turned my graphics up and it didn't mess up.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X