Patch Problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patch Problems

So i downloaded new patch 1.50 i click setup and allow file to run and nothing happens ? anyone have problems with patch ? using vista 32bit not sure if i need 1.4 patch when i click and play BF2 it says i have 1.1.2965-797.0 note sure if thats a IP or version ?

Re: Patch Problems

try re-installing bf2...that is what I did.
    "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Comment

If you aren't already updated to 1.41, you need to do that before installing 1.5 I believe. Iirc, the BF2 blog post said the new patch was 1.41 --> 1.5 only.
      Never rub another man's rhubarb!

Comment

Originally posted by Hephador View Post
        If you aren't already updated to 1.41, you need to do that before installing 1.5 I believe. Iirc, the BF2 blog post said the new patch was 1.41 --> 1.5 only.
        Yep, the patch is only 1.41-->1.5, so patching to 1.41 is absolutely mandatory. The new patch, much like the others, takes a bit of time to decompress and begin to load after clicking it.
        MANUS HAEC INIMICA TYRANNIS

Comment

ok i did install 1.41 np but i tried 1.50 again and nothing ? how long do i wait till it decompress ?
          should note that size of patch 1.50 is 355mb ?

ok after looking at Fileplant it seems that 1.5 patch is alot more then 355mb that i have so i will try to redownload it fron fileplant
          Last edited by FLooDY; 09-02-2009, 07:30 PM.

Comment

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...-released.html

The link in the first post is where I DLed the patch from and it was a very fast connection, taking aproximately 30 mins to DL. The patch is 1.92GB, so it appears the one you DLed is incomplete. GL!
            MANUS HAEC INIMICA TYRANNIS

Comment

2 gb file takes a while to decompress. Be patient.
              Forewarned is Forearmed

Comment

I tried applying the patch today with no success.

I haven't played BF2 since I put together a new game rig with Vista 64; my old BF2 rig was XP64. I copied my entire \games directory to the new machine, so it doesn't have any registry settings. And on the old box, I used DaemonTools to avoid the CD swapping when I wanted to play different games.

So I run the patch and it starts out whining that it can't find the directory. But it doesn't let me pick one. It just quits. Some googling turned up the necessary registry InstallDir entry for Vista 64 to get past that.

Another attempt and now it tells me that I'm running a newer version of BF2!

So I figure I'll fire up the game to see what version it thinks it is. But I have no CD emulator running in my new rig, and I can't find my disk. (I can find my BF1942 disk and the disks for both of its expansions, and BFV, but BF2 is missing!)

So I'll continue to dig around the house to see if I can find the original disks to reinstall.
                Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X