Slow in game menu response, arghh

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slow in game menu response, arghh

Not sure what happened, it never used to be like this. Got this way after 1.5 patch

2 minutes to connect to account server and get the intro menu

click multiplayer and it takes 30 seconds just for it to start server list update

1 minute to complete update

if I click favorites it takes 24 seconds to go to that menu and there are'nt any favorites even stored

going back to the multiplayer button takes 2 minutes'

This is even after a total delete and re-install of the game

Anyone have any idea what is causing the slow response of the ingame menu???

Join the 71st Tuesdays and Fridays for

Re: Slow in game menu response, arghh

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I too have been having this problem. My computer has always been able to run BF2 just smooth, and it still does run smooth, but the navigating through the menus(even if I disable the movies in the game's directory)is still an ordeal that takes at least 5-7 minutes total, before I can start playing. This all started happening as soon as I patched up to 1.5 too.

Hopefully with some renewed interest there might be someone who knows a fix. Would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

What I found when I reinstalled is that after patch 1.41 the problem appeared again, its not the 1.5 patch itself, it appears that the 1.5 patch process corrupted something. I think the problem is in the user profile somewhere.

I uninstalled and reinstalled BF2 twice with no fix to the problem.

My game fixed itself after I reinstalled BF2SPCC. There is a file somewhere that gets written over and then the game is fine.

So it must be in a user file somewhere in my documents or something.

Comment

I had this problem, then I cleared the BF2 cache and restarted my computer -- no issues now.

Comment

Well I've been doing some more investigating. Reinstalled my game a few times. I tried clearing out the cache for BF2, but what is strange is that the location where the cache is supposed to be, the directory doesn't exist at all. Isn't it supposed to be (for Vista, which I have)\[username]\Documents\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\cache\?

For me, there isn't even a mods directory... just \dmp\,\LogoCache\(which I cleared out just in case), and \Profiles\.

Also another question that may be off-topic...What exactly is BF2SPCC? Does it allow you to still play on regular BF2 servers? If installing that would fix this for me, I might go for it.

Comment

BF2SPCC is a standalone launch program that you use to play single player. It also allows you to launch the game for multiplayer with certain settings so you can bypass the whole waiting for the server list to load.

You can install it and then never use it if you want, its not required for anything and you dont have to use it.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X