Battlefield 2 1.5 Patch

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlefield 2 1.5 Patch

So got my new rig, everything is working great, but all of a sudden I find this 1.5 patch and I'm a little sad because I bought BF2 like 2 months ago, and I would've gotten the boosters free but oh well;

I download the 1.5 patch (I've tried fileplanet, BSN, other places), and either it's some random file, something else, bla bla, or it's an exe that when I hit "open" it just makes my computer go slow and does nothing. There's only like 4 1.41 servers around, and they're all like french so I lag there anyways, so I'd really like some help.

I'm running Windows Vista 32bit.

I don't know what 'decompressing' is really, I'm your average uneducated loser around here, but I have a slight idea that maybe I just have to wait an hour for the setup to open, then wait an hour for it to begin installing. Am I right?

Re: Battlefield 2 1.5 Patch

It takes a bit of time to decompress, not talking hours but depending on your system, it can take a few mins to do anything and in the meantime, it looks like nothing is happening. I would make sure to close all programs and if Im not mistaken, you will need to run it as "admin" by right clicking and then dropping down to "run as admin". Also, I think a few of the dowload locations had corrupt files. I used the one here - http://news.bigdownload.com/2009/09/...-2-v1-5-patch/

Good luck as problems are never fun but Im sure there is a way to get up and running.
    MANUS HAEC INIMICA TYRANNIS

Comment

Running as administrator seems to be working! Thank you!

Comment

My pleasure, glad to be of help. ;)

Enjoy the boosters and we plan to play Vanilla on the TG server Wed 7pm EST (thread here - http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...d-7pm-edt.html ), feel free to join us. :)
        MANUS HAEC INIMICA TYRANNIS

Comment

hey Im having a similar problem I have Win Vista 32bit And I was re-installing BF2 and I downloaded the patch well it wouldnt open until i tried that Run as admin it seemed to work untill I got an error saying I already have a newer version (this dl was from fileplanet) and i tried to start up BF2 and it goes to all black (splash screen) before just quitting to the desktop and ideas?

Comment

Hello nesbitt,
            I had the same problem, with abit of Google-ing. Found the solution.
            You would need to install the 1.41 patch before 1.50 patch.
            Make sure to set it to "Run as Administrator"
            Best of luck.

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X