Win7 Ultimate x64 bluescreens with PR

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Win7 Ultimate x64 bluescreens with PR

I've recently switched to win7 from XP, and I never had these bluescreens on my XP Pro 32 bit while playing PR, but so far i've had 2 bluescreen + restarts with the same error.

I get a 0x50 PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA stop error, with the offending driver being one of my Creative driver files, ha20x2k.sys.

As far as i've researched on the internet, thats one of the Hardware Abstraction Layer drivers, which shouldn't be initialized at all on win7, or with BF2, as BF2 uses OpenAL. Furthermore, the drivers available from Creative are bundled for Win7, Vista, AND XP.

I run PR in XP SP3 compatibility mode, as administrator (I also have these options set on BF2.exe) in 5.1 sound, with my Creative X-FI ExtremeGamer. I have settings to Creative X-FI and quality High on my sound settings.

So far it's made no difference whether I turn CMSS3D Surround on or off.

<04:11:24> *** You are now talking in channel: "TFP - Task Force Proteus"
    <04:16:25> "|TG-XV| Tralic": this channel is so gay
    DICE needs to make a comical boxing glove attached to a spring punch the player in the face 40% of the time they get into a helicopter or jet.

Re: Win7 Ultimate x64 bluescreens with PR

Turn on your PC and log into SAFE MODE (press f8 before you hit the windows logo)

It will bypass the BSOD (blue screen of death).

Search the file: ha20x2k.sys
    or
    Go to C:\WINNT\system32\drivers
    Delete ha20x2k.sys

Install from your CD - (may freeze up on the drivers part of the installation, ignore and reboot.)
    Restart normally

It will load up and detect your sound card.
    (Possible error: Skip this if this doesn't happen to you.)
    Sometimes it may go back to BSOD because Windows likes to install new found hardware. If this happens, turn off your computer and remove your sound card from the pci slot. Restart normally. Check the C:\WINNT\system32\drivers folder and if ha20x2k.sys is there, delete again. Turn off, put the card back in the slot. Start in SAFE MODE and check to see that the sound card is disabled under device manager. It's disabled or if it's not listed, reboot normally.

You should then be able to update to the latest driver. Creative Labs WDM driver. http://support.creative.com/Downloads/welcome.aspx#

Lets us know how you get on.
    sigpic
    "Volatilis Quod Mactabilis"

Comment

To clarify, I can boot into Windows 7 and screw about normally. The only time I get these errors is when PR crashes. It's anywhere from 20 minutes in to over 8 hours in, thats when the bluescreen will appear, so it's totally random, like the PR crashing to desktop error on winXP.

I can keep this computer up for days at a time without running into it, PR is the only thing so far thats caused them.

These instructions look like they're for Windows 2000, because neither Windows XP Pro nor Vista nor Win7 use the c:\WINNT directory (thats a holdover from Windows NT 3.x) they use the standard C:\Windows

Also: My Creative driver discs are for XP, i have a Vista Beta driver disc. They didn't release a final version of Vista XFI drivers until 6+ months after Vista came out. (The original creative CDs only covered WinME/2k/XP for the X-FI, they never released official final drivers on CD afaik, unless they've put that CD in new packages of the card or on the upgraded models) and are from about 4 years ago, will this work in Windows 7? Furthermore, they're all rolled into one installer for XP 32, Xp x64 edition, Vista 32, Vista 64, and windows 7 on the web update.

The ha20x2k.sys driver file is dated june 9th, 2009, in line with the rest of the drivers' release dates of june 26th (there has not been an update in Creative X-FI drivers for any XP/Vista/win7 OS since then) This means if I install the original Vista beta drivers, and then update, it will replace them with the new, possibly faulty drivers.
      Last edited by Bisclaveret; 02-19-2010, 02:48 AM.

<04:11:24> *** You are now talking in channel: "TFP - Task Force Proteus"
      <04:16:25> "|TG-XV| Tralic": this channel is so gay
      DICE needs to make a comical boxing glove attached to a spring punch the player in the face 40% of the time they get into a helicopter or jet.

Comment

Sorry you are rite about C:\WINNT\system32\drivers I copyed that from my old laptop with 2000 os, but I have found something that may solve your problem, and believe me I had problems with Creative Xfi, also Bs crashes, and these drivers did the trick, what have you got to loose.

http://forums.creative.com/t5/Sound-...-VX/m-p/516649

Hope it helps with your problem. Warrior
        sigpic

Comment

Hey Bis, I am also getting this. The only thing I found to do is change your sound settings to Hardware and High (Not ultra high). Also found this and it seems kevlarorc is having this problem too. http://forums.creative.com/t5/Window...SOD/m-p/544883

Comment

Originally posted by Bisclaveret View Post
            To clarify, I can boot into Windows 7 and screw about normally. The only time I get these errors is when PR crashes. It's anywhere from 20 minutes in to over 8 hours in, thats when the bluescreen will appear, so it's totally random, like the PR crashing to desktop error on winXP.

I can keep this computer up for days at a time without running into it, PR is the only thing so far thats caused them.

These instructions look like they're for Windows 2000, because neither Windows XP Pro nor Vista nor Win7 use the c:\WINNT directory (thats a holdover from Windows NT 3.x) they use the standard C:\Windows

Also: My Creative driver discs are for XP, i have a Vista Beta driver disc. They didn't release a final version of Vista XFI drivers until 6+ months after Vista came out. (The original creative CDs only covered WinME/2k/XP for the X-FI, they never released official final drivers on CD afaik, unless they've put that CD in new packages of the card or on the upgraded models) and are from about 4 years ago, will this work in Windows 7? Furthermore, they're all rolled into one installer for XP 32, Xp x64 edition, Vista 32, Vista 64, and windows 7 on the web update.

The ha20x2k.sys driver file is dated june 9th, 2009, in line with the rest of the drivers' release dates of june 26th (there has not been an update in Creative X-FI drivers for any XP/Vista/win7 OS since then) This means if I install the original Vista beta drivers, and then update, it will replace them with the new, possibly faulty drivers.
            So how is this problem going.
            sigpic

Comment

Bump has anyone fixed this issue? Still happening for me.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X