PR won't start...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PR won't start...

I just installed BF2 from disc. I downloaded both BF2 patches (1.41 + 1.5) and PR setups (part 1 and 2). I installed patch 1.41 first, then rebooted, then installed patch 1.5 and rebooted again. I installed PR part 1 and then part 2 after wards. Now it looks like everything was installed correctly, but every single time I try to launch PR, instantly after double clicking the program, the PR box comes up as if it's about to load, but as soon as that PR box pops up, a box pops up saying pr.exe has stopped working...

If anyone has any suggestions on what I should try, I'm open to anything. And fixes I've tried are rebooting (multiple times), uninstalling and reinstalling PR, uninstalling and reinstalling patches + PR... the only other option I could think of is reinstalling BF2 but I don't know how that could effect the launching of PR since it's "pr.exe" that is failing.

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Re: PR won't start...

After researching some fixes nothing helped me, the only thing that helped a few people was reformatting, I have done that recently and would like not to go through that ordeal again... Unless that's the only fix, I'm still researching and open to any suggestions.

Comment

Ok lets try something here.

Silly thing is there is no such thing as a pr.exe *Wink*

copy a shortcut of you BF2 tab, then rename it to PR Mod or what ever.

then right click on it, properties, in the target box replace what ever is in there with
      Quote: C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe" +modPath mods/pr +menu 1 +fullscreen 1
      with changing C: to w/e drive you may have it on, if you dont know what that means leave it at C: it should work, and then change the icon to the PR icon, you can find it in the readme folder of the mod, click it and away you go.

Try that...
      sigpic
      "Volatilis Quod Mactabilis"

Comment

Ugh, so close! It loaded and everything, I made my account, it said to restart PR to activate everything, as soon as I did: http://screencast.com/t/YWEzMzZmOWEt
        I appreciate the help by the way, and I know my way around a computer pretty well so whatever you got throw at me I can most likely figure it out. :D

Comment

Hmm that's weird... I decided to randomly go into the PR folder and try running it from there... I right clicked it and ran as Administrator (yes I tried this when I first had problems too) and all of a sudden it works... I tried regularly launching it from the same desktop as I tried before, and it works fine now... I'm not sure what happened but I guess PR decided to let me use it directly because it didn't like me using a gateway to play it lol. Thanks again for the help!

Comment

You are more than welcome fella, it's satisfaction for me to know you are able to play.....see you on the battlefield.
            sigpic
            "Volatilis Quod Mactabilis"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...