• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlefield 2 Tweak Guide

Full Guide

Originally posted by tweakguides.com
    Introduction

The Battlefield 2 Demo has arrived, and is available for download from a range of places. It weighs in at almost 560MB, and you can find out more about it at the Official BF2 Site. The demo has one playable map called 'Gulf of Oman', which can be played in single or multiplayer modes.

I've prepared this short guide as a quick way of putting together all the known tips and tweaks for getting the BF2 Demo up and running with a minimum of fuss. I will then update the guide in the next few days as I discover more tweaks, culminating in a complete Battlefield 2 Tweak Guide shortly after the full version of the game is released at the end of June.
    |TG-12th| asch
    sigpic

Re: Battlefield 2 Tweak Guide

This one is a lifesaver:

Originally posted by tweakguide
    Disabling the Intro Movies

The introductory movies to BF2 are quite annoying, and generally increase startup times for the game. To disable them, you should not delete the movie files - this may cause problems with Punkbuster. Instead, simply rename the relevant files in your \Program Files\EA Games\Battlefield 2 Demo\mods\bf2\Movies\ directory to something else (e.g. rename dice.bik to dice.backup). The files to rename are: demo_b2legal.bik, demo_bf2release.bik, demo_demolegaltext.bik, demo_locknload.bik, dice.bik, EA.bik and Nvidia_logo.bik. This will mean the intro movies are all skipped as BF2 starts to load.

If for any reason you experience any problems with the above method, you can download and use the blank movie files from here: SkipIntroBF2.zip (2KB) instead. Backup your movie files first, then extract the contents of this .zip file into your \movies directory.
    New to TG?

Comment

Does anyone know what movies to rename for the retail version?
      |TG-12th| asch
      sigpic

Comment

Mm, I just finished going through this guide. I highly recommend it. Only part that I couldn't complete was indepth Video card settings using CCC. I can't find it, but it's fine. The XP tweaks seem to have helped my computer a lot. Thanks for posting that.

Comment

Originally posted by asch
          Does anyone know what movies to rename for the retail version?
          Dice.bik
          EA.bik
          Legal.bik

and if you want, but it's not necessary as you can hit ESC to skip it:

Intro.bik
          "Hardly used" will not fetch a better price for your brain.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X