d3dx9_25.dll not found

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• d3dx9_25.dll not found

can someone please help me, I need to fix this because BF2 fails to start because of this

(\__/)
    (O.o )
    (> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Re: d3dx9_25.dll not found

I posted some suggestions to your question here:

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/showthread.php?t=55178

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

make sure you close EVERYTHING in the background down. Anti virus, spy detection programs and anything that runs as a user process, except Explorer.exe.

Sounds like your files aren't installing properly because they are being blocked. Reinstall after you have all unnecessary programs closed.

- -

Comment

I had the same problem The games technical support is sh$t and doesn't even come close to helping the user to get the game running.

I did the following:

I navigated to the /directx folder on the DVD
        I opened the file: Apr2005_d3dx9_25_x86.cab (since I have an x86 system and not a 64 bit)
        I copied the compressed file called d3dx9_25.dll to the /games/Battlefield 2/ folder.
        I opened the file Feb2005_d3dx9_24_x86.cab (sincd I still have an x86 system)
        I copied the compressed file called d3dx9_24.dll to the /games/Battlefield 2/ folder.
        I can now run the game. I wasn't able to before due to an erroe i was getting about "cannot find the file d3dx9_25.dll. Now it is all fixed.

Hope this helps someone. I was unable to play this game due to this.

Comment

Welcome drohr, im sure what you posted will help many. Hope to see you more often.
          Oyee

Comment

Welcome drohr! Excellent post to help solve a problem for many.

If you haven't already, please take some time to read the BF2 rules, SOPs & announcements found in my sig.
            |TG-12th| asch
            sigpic

Comment

This is probably a stupid question, but how do I find out whether I have a x64 or x86 system? I'm running Athlon XP 2500. I'm guessing x86?

Comment

hello, newbie here :)

I've had that same problem what d3dx9_25.dll .. thanks to you guys that is solved.
                But I come up with another problem .. When I start BF2 I get a black screen and it
                crashes.. any of you guys know what that is ??

also tried updating DirectX 9.0b to 9.0c .. but that doesn't work either.

I got a Pentium 4, 3000 Mhz and I got a Geforce 6800 GE

please help me out !!

Comment

i had this problem ... i fixed that .. but then when i start the game i get an error.

plz help

Comment

Originally posted by RyGuy
                    This is probably a stupid question, but how do I find out whether I have a x64 or x86 system? I'm running Athlon XP 2500. I'm guessing x86?
                    Um, i figured since most of us are on x86 systems that THAT is the set to use. The x64 set is probably for the 64bit Windows (I am asuming).

All I know is that i downloaded the Demo from like 5 separate place and got that same error every time! I couldn't believe it! I know have the game. I installed that. Guess what? I recieved the same error. After copying the missing files in the installation folder, the game ran.

Comment

Originally posted by schaapje
                      hello, newbie here :)

I've had that same problem what d3dx9_25.dll .. thanks to you guys that is solved.
                      But I come up with another problem .. When I start BF2 I get a black screen and it
                      crashes.. any of you guys know what that is ??

also tried updating DirectX 9.0b to 9.0c .. but that doesn't work either.

I got a Pentium 4, 3000 Mhz and I got a Geforce 6800 GE

please help me out !!
                      I think that the game requires you to have DirectX 9.0c installed. If you have 9.0b you will get errors.

Comment

I know drohr.. tried to update directx 9.0b to 9.0c
                        but it doesn't work for some reason

contacted the EA helpdesk for that too.. but it doesn't help much

Comment

if you're on winxp, there is NO WAY you can upgrade to directx 9.0c UNLESS you do so via the service pack 2 upgrade. if you ARE on sp2, then i'm afraid you have the sp2 beta release. only a reinstall i'm afraid will solve this.

Comment

hi,

This same topic was discussed here, which i hope will resolve your problem. Check out this link: http://www.gamecrashes.com/4-22-15.htm

Comment

Originally posted by drohr
                              I think that the game requires you to have DirectX 9.0c installed. If you have 9.0b you will get errors.
                              Guys, let me tell you that because of internal problems with windows sp2 or latest, no matter how many times you update direct x 9.0b to direct x 9.0c it will not work.

Here is a very useful info, where you can fix your problem: gamecrashes.com/4-29-30.htm

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X