Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yet another Windows 7 BF2 Installation thread!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet another Windows 7 BF2 Installation thread!

Yeah yeah yeah, I know. But I just cant resist to do it.
    So I'm going to do it, here comes the story:

I cant get my Battlefield 2 installing on my system.
    I'm using DVD version.
    First it gave me this message: "this game has only been tested for windows xp (32-bit)".
    But after browsing the internet, I found out that setup should be runned with Windows 7 - Compatibility Mode and admistrator mode.

OK, so I did it.
    I didnt got that message anymore, but after BF2 installation it tries to install mic options for BF2 (battle commo or something like that). But it doesnt recognize my voice and after shutting it down Windows informs that program was jammed and it is looking for problems. After that windows shuts it down and tries to install DX9.0c, but I refuse cause I got never version. When everything is done and I've pressed the finnish button. All I have left of BF2 in my PC is somekind of Battlefield 2 profiles file and it contains absolutely nothing.

So, BF2 installation runs fine but mic settings installation crashes and nothing is really installed on my PC.
    .................................................. .................................................. ..........

You know how it feels like when you upgrade your computer with 1200€ and after that your most favourite game wont work, yeah it sucks!
    So if someone can help me, please do.

I posted this also to Hardware & Software Discussion area but under different thread.

-Dave
    |TG|DavidL.Roth

Re: Yet another Windows 7 BF2 Installation thread!

David I just did this... when the install gets to the BF2voice setup set it the way you like. Click OK, it should dissappear, but now hit Ctrl+Alt+Del to get into task manager and completely close/end BF2voicesetup.exe and it should continue with the rest of the install(directX and desktop icons). This worked for me, and has worked for many others.

Comment

THANK YOU!

It actually worked, I got my BF2 installed to my pc.
      Now what follows is new problems...
      So after installing I started to patch this game to version 1.50.
      And after I run this installer it gives me this note: "You already have a newer version installed.".
      Then the installer shuts down. I tried to run it with compatibility and admistrator mode on, but same thing all over again.

Am I missing something, I have this old BF2 1.5 patch file 1.92Gt.
      Should I install something before I install 1.5 patch?

And do I always need to run my Battlefield 2 on compatibility and admistrator mode on?

Thanks!

-Dave
      |TG|DavidL.Roth

Comment

Alright, so I did some research and found out that I need to install 1.41 patch before 1.5.
        Well, got that working...
        So this leaves open only one question anymore:
        Do I always need to run my Battlefield 2 on compatibility and admistrator mode on?

-Dave
        |TG|DavidL.Roth

Comment

Well that is strange, I just did an upgrade from Windows RC to Windows RTC and I can't get Battlefield to run because of punkbuster.
          The game runs fine, but I get kicked due to punkbuster.

I have tried manual upgrades with PB and am running in XP compat and admin.
          Any fixes?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X