VOIP Problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VOIP Problems

I have not been able to use the in game VOIP with one exeption. I am sure all my settings are correct. I set them up everytime I sit down to play, but once I am in the game, I can see that they are changed back. The check boxes are grayed out, and I cannot effect any change to the settings. Has anyone else had this problem? Any insight would be welcome. It is very frustrating not being able to speak with my squad.

Thanks in advance.

A good man stands up for himself. A great man stands up for others.

Re: VOIP Problems

On TS at the same time?

http://www.forumplanet.com/planetbat...92&tid=1673995

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Yes I am, but like some people in that thread, others are running both with no issues. I will try running the in game VOIP with out the T/S running and see what I see.

Thanks for the link Tempus.

Comment

my only guess is try putting the two bars (retriveing, transmitting) to 100 and make sure you have boost on and see if your voice is getting threw at all

(o and make sure you are pressing b and not v my friend had that problem)

Comment

I'm having a problem where my voice is coming in faint, and people have trouble hearing me, but all the settings are high, and the microphone boost is enabled. Any other way to turn it up for BF2? All the other games seem to be fine, and people usually dont have trouble hearing me.

Comment

You probably already checked this, but check your threashold. For some reason I've noticed some sensitivity there. Try lowering it to nothing and see if that helps.

The problem is that once you're connected to the server and in-game, you can't test the audio or make mic boost or threashold changes, and who wants to quit a great match to mess with your mic.
            |TG|MileHighAko
            |TG-7th|Ako

Commander's Log:

Comment

Originally posted by Karkianman101
              I'm having a problem where my voice is coming in faint, and people have trouble hearing me, but all the settings are high, and the microphone boost is enabled. Any other way to turn it up for BF2? All the other games seem to be fine, and people usually dont have trouble hearing me.
              Might also want to check your system's volume control for the mic input.

Comment

Did you get this working Usarion?

http://forums.totalbf2.com/showthread.php?t=7239

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

This may seem wierd, but I tested the settings before jumping on a server and I get better/louder results with mic boost disabled. No problems running TS at the same time. I'll have to check, but I don't think I'm running hardware acceleration in-game.
                  |TG| HOUDINI

Comment

I think it would be interesting if those people who are having VoIP problems could also post their headset type and if it is USB or not. Could be some common issues here.
                    |TG|MileHighAko
                    |TG-7th|Ako

Commander's Log:

Comment

Originally posted by Tempus
                      Did you get this working Usarion?

http://forums.totalbf2.com/showthread.php?t=7239

I have not yet solved this issue. I have tried it with, and without T/S running in the background. For example last night, I set all the voice settings and joined the server. I heard Hastapee and someone else talking, and I got to say hello. They did hear me because they responded with hello. Unfortunatley that was the last communication I had with them. I escaped to my menu, and like I stated earlier, all my settings for VOIP were grayed out. Arrgghh. I have not had the time that I would like to pursue the problem, but hopefully this weekend I will have it beat.

BTW. I just realized that your link is different than the one you posted earlier. I will try this out, and keep you posted. Thanks.
                      I wonder if that setting will effect sound quality?

Comment

I use a USB standalone mic made by Logitech, and threshhold is 0. I'll try disabling boost.

Comment

Someone here says to update your audio drivers.

http://www.forumplanet.com/planetbat...92&tid=1671777

Comment

Thats a different problem, and my drivers are updated. This just makes my voice come across to others faint.

Comment

Originally posted by |TGS| Usarion
                              I have not been able to use the in game VOIP with one exeption. I am sure all my settings are correct. I set them up everytime I sit down to play, but once I am in the game, I can see that they are changed back. The check boxes are grayed out, and I cannot effect any change to the settings. Has anyone else had this problem? Any insight would be welcome. It is very frustrating not being able to speak with my squad.

Thanks in advance.
                              the 'boxes are greyed out' is normal while IN game. Disconnect from server, go to options, audio, then make changes. Be sure to hit 'apply' at the bottom. now reconnect to server and you should be set.
                              Now my question: my mic is only working when I press 'b' for 'push to talk' THEN 'v'; basically have to push both at the same time. Why is mine like this?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X