Hardware/EAX turned on?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hardware/EAX turned on?

Has anyone noticed that with Hardware sound support with EAX turned on you can hear things like people running from much farther away?
    Twisted Firestarter
    a.k.a |TG| Harkonian
    sigpic

Re: Hardware/EAX turned on?

Originally posted by Twisted_Firestarter
    Has anyone noticed that with Hardware sound support with EAX turned on you can hear things like people running from much farther away?
    I'm sure they optimized the sound for EAX on a real card... I doubt that this is intentional.

Comment

i havent noticed it, but i havent tried it. im sure it is something they did not do intentionally, though. it will probably be fixed in the official release the 22nd :)

Comment

What does the EAX do? ... and how do you know if you can use it?
        |TG-12th| asch
        sigpic

Comment

EAX is just special effects like echos, occlusion, fade, etc. BF2 uses the latest EAX version so you'd need an Audigy.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

The hardware setting splits all voice wavs into choppy segments, as if my card couldn't keep up. I own an Audigy gamer with a fairly decent system. I'm not up to date on the CPU cycles this card requires, it is a few years old... but an AMD64 on software mode gets the job done.

Motherboard uses VIA chipset though, and Creative + VIA = bad news. The card works, it is physically recognized, but Creative's driver installation doesn't recognize the card, so Creative drivers are not being used. I use kXproject (http://kxproject.lugosoft.com/) drivers as a workaround. Thats prolly my issue... Only option is a mobo with a non-VIA chipset or a Turtle Beach. :D
            |FDB|octavius

Comment

For me and my Audigy 2ZS, it wasn't turned on. http://forum.eagames.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=1437

I tweaked it last night with this:
              http://www.beyond3d.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22391

Now I have 3D sound, much better directional wise (also turned on CMSS). However, if I fire a rifle inside a building or out, no difference in echo... So stil waiting for a fix.

Not on topic to what you were saying, but on topic to the title. :)

Comment

have you had any other problems from the fix?

I am considering doing this so i was just wondering.

If it is worth winning, then it is worth fighting dirty for!

Comment

No crashes or problems, Much BETTER sound, but echos still dont' seem to sound like those sound clips of EAX working. But it sure sounds better. Far away gun fire sounds farther away... but I can pinpoint where its at, as opposed to before where it would sound "generally over there". Also, when some one says something using the commo rose, I can hear RIGHT where their at. 3D is much better.

Comment

so... you can't use eax w/o a sound card?
                    |TG-Irr|Legato

Comment

Considering you can't use sound without a sound card either.. I don't think EAX will matter at that point. :icon_lol:

- It's who you game with.

Comment

you can use EAX with onboard sound.

hell, i have an SBLive card in my computer, and i'm using software sound w/ EAX.

why no hardware sound? becuase EA is frigging incompetent, of course.
                        [TG]epheneh

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X