Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet another Win 7 Problem....

Alright..

So I first tried installing the game and it brought up the " This has only tested to be supported for... w\e" thing, I ignore and keep going and I get to the VOIP part and just click close.. it works fine and lets me install it all the way. I download the 1.5 patch and try installing and it says that I already have a newer patch installed.. fat chance. So I google it and find I need to install 1.4 first.. I followed the instructions from this forum http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/15/298698.page (instructions about half way down the page by a guy of the name taylor 40).

So I got rid of all the BF2 stuff, installed BF2 again, patched 1.41, patched 1.5 and tried running it in admin mode and the screen just goes black for about half a second then goes straight back to desktop...

In this thread though http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f360...-7-bf2-pr.html it also says that someones problem also got solved by changing their refresh rate and making it higher to 85hz, my refresh rate is maxed out at 60hz apparently... 1920x 1080 monitor.

Help please.. Ive been desiring to blow some people up with IEDs and such and watch squads scatter as their SQLs get dropped from out of no where.
    "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
    'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Re: Yet another Win 7 Problem....

While I don't have W7, shouldn't there be a compatibility mode for Vista/XP?
    Try right clicking on the shortcut and look around for a "Compatibility Mode" dropdown, and choose one for Vista or XP.

That may not fix it entirely, but give it a try.

Comment

ah yea; failed to mention but ive been trying to run it in compatibility mode (Win XP Serv. Pack 3 and just tried 2).. still same problem, ive tried compat mode and run as admin. Still nuttin : (
      "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
      'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Comment

Check out this thread at the realitymod forums.
        http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f27-...7-install.html

There's quite a few things that might help you (I would suggest reading it fully before doing anything, just so that you can maybe figure out what you have to do and avoid the trial-and-error they went through to get it working).

Comment

Ive tried most of what I can think to do and have tried all the things in those forums plus some windows seven forum... Think my computers BF2 playability is just fubar more than anyone elses...

Is there going to be a PR mod for that new battlefield game thats out or is this it?

Comment

OK give this a go, uninstall PR and BF2 completely.
            Run a program called CCleaner and clean the registry and run the cleaner, then reboot.
            After reboot install BF2 like you did before. Now "before" you run the 1.41 update patch open up the stock game, setup your display settings and start a local match so it creates all the files needed to play. Exit out of the game.
            Now, start the 1.41 patch and let it finish up. Once again start the game up start a local match making sure your display settings are correct, then exit out of the game.
            Now run the newest 1.50 patch and let it finish. Again start a local match with display settings, then exit out.
            Next Install PR 0.91, and give the startup a try and report back here and let us know how it goes.

I know its seems like a lot, but this should work.

Comment

Alright giving it another go. ArmA is fun but it lacks the join in anytime quick gameplay type of action and the insurgency that I love...

@ Above post, I did a clean install (del everything, and regedit stuff) and the game BF2 wont load up.. I havent even tried installing PR before because if BF2 isnt gonna work im just going to assume PR wont work either.

Whenever I try and start the game it goes to black screen with fastly flickering mouse then a smaller boxed black screen with same flickering mouse then its back to normal desktop... and all that only takes about a second or two.

I've tried editing the \Documents\Battlefield 2\Profiles\Default video part so its 9th line is 'VideoSettings.setResolution [email protected]' but same problem persists.

OS is Win 7 Home Premium
              Monitor is a 1920x1080 Samsung LCD

Damn I want to set some IEDs =\

Comment

try to switch from a windows 7 aero theme to a non aero theme.

there can be also this problem: if you have a LCD monitor there might be the refresh rate set at 59Hz but BF2 wants 60.

go to your screen settings and look if its set to 60Hz. if you have an ATI card its in the CCC.

| | | |

Comment

The LCD is at 60Hz with 32bit color and a NVIDIA Geforce GT 220 is driver, all updated.

Whats the aero theme thing? Wikipedia basiclly just says it gives the see through look for the taskbar, would turning it off really make a difference?

I'll try it but just want to make sure I know how to do it and not follow some wikipedia steps.. end up frying my computer : \

I appreciate the help though,

Comment

There is absulotely no way you could fry your computer by turning off aero. It's responsible for the see trough thing, and some fancy 3d window effects, thus pretty useless.

Also, bf2 is a pain in the ass to troubleshoot, a lot of insignificant things can screw it up. For example mine was working fine yesterday, but ctd'd every time i joined a server today. Nothing was changed on my system and after an hour of annoyed googling a simple restart fixed everything.

So i suggest you try this link, i'm sure the solution is out there somewhere. A good rule of thumb is that it will run without a problem on a clean and well maintained system, and most errors are caused by other softwares/drivers conflicting with bf2.

When you say you did a clean install, i assume you also deleted the bf2 folder from My Documents. If not, try to do that before launching the game.
                    sigpic

Comment

Was bein sarcastic with the aero thing crashin computer, just meant that Im not confident in my Win7 abilities and dont want to mess anything up by doing a misstep.

I deleted everything when I re installed it and my PC is relatively new so Im not sure what could really be messing it up.. I think I got the PC in February.

Monitors running at 60hz, ive tried deleting the profile but will try again tomarrow. For now I play ArmA.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X