Joysticks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joysticks

is there an issue with joysticks in the demo?
    when i try to set up the controlls, it recognizes each controll plane as one axis, that is pitch up and pitch down are both axis 1, same with left and right. The result is that I can only turn right or only pitch up.

Re: Joysticks

Interesting. I use: Logitech® Freedom 2.4™ Cordless Joystick

It also shows as 1 axis in the config window but when I play it works totally fine.
    Home/Gaming PC: [email protected]/Asus Rog Maximus VIII Formula/EVGA GTX 1080 SC/Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB)/Corsair Carbide Quiet 600Q/Corsair RM750i/Acer XB270H 27"/BenQ G2400W 24"/Sound BVlaster ZX/Samsung 850 Pro SSDs x2/Samsung 950 Pro x1/Win10 Pro 64bit/Saitek X52/TrackIR3: Pro-TrackClip Pro/

Comment

I set mine last night as I was trying to learn to fly, and that's the way it's supposed to be. Pitch up/down on one axis, roll left/right an another axis, and so on. All my controls worked fine. It's always shown only 1 axis for each plane of movement in all other games that I've played.
      [squadl]
      "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

Comment

I read that EA is only supporting USB Joysticks.. could this be the issue?

Comment

no, the joystick is now working, but now I just suck at flying.

Comment

Keyboard and mouse for the win!
            You cant go wrong with that system, just ask any of my gunners!
            -Zephyr
            You were once like the newbie who needed a hand from above and TacticalGamer gave you it.

You owe the newbie who comes after you that same outstretched hand from above on your honor as a Tactical Gamer.

Tactics at TG come from trust and friendship, not meticulous detail and rigid discipline.

Everyone should be assumed mature until proven otherwise.

We are no clan.
            We are not a single game.
            We are mature, intelligent, and cooperative individuals.
            We are TacticalGamer, a community above and beyond its name.

Comment

You can't go wrong with a push mower, either.

But life does offering more effecient alternatives.

To each his own.
              Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak

To each his own.
                *Pictures Wyz standing in front of his computer with a push mower*
                *dies*
                -Zephyr
                You were once like the newbie who needed a hand from above and TacticalGamer gave you it.

You owe the newbie who comes after you that same outstretched hand from above on your honor as a Tactical Gamer.

Tactics at TG come from trust and friendship, not meticulous detail and rigid discipline.

Everyone should be assumed mature until proven otherwise.

We are no clan.
                We are not a single game.
                We are mature, intelligent, and cooperative individuals.
                We are TacticalGamer, a community above and beyond its name.

Comment

Originally posted by Zephyr
                  *Pictures Wyz standing in front of his computer with a push mower*
                  *dies*
                  -Zephyr
                  .......omg lmfao

Comment

In my 45min or so of practice on an empty server last night, I sucked overall at flying. However, I did far better using my mouse and keyboard than I did with the joystick. Only thing is that I couldn't quite figure out how to hover or stay perfectly level.
                    [squadl]
                    "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

Comment

Could you guys post different options of setups for flight controls (keyboard or joystick), some basic how-to's on flying and firing, and then maybe some tactics.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak

To each his own.
                        were you the driver of the BH that was crashing into the flag pole about a foot off the ground on west beach last night? :icon20:
                        We were the squad fighting you off... from an APC your explosion managed to kill us all......LOL...

Comment

I'm getting good at landing on a "spot" of my choosing, be it on land or mid-air, but I'm not where I want to be.

The most exciting thing about this game is that it offers a seemingly-infinite opportunity for learning. The challenge, at times, is making sure others are tolerant of the times and styles in which you educate yourself.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I love using my joystick, I love it even more being wireless. I've had it for.... maybe 1 year.. maybe a bit more... but I've only gone through a few sets of batteries... I can find where I want to land with a heli just fine.. not hard at all. THe planes are another story, but I can manage to land them on the carrier too :P

Comment

I think it's about time for another potentially out-of-context signature addition, don't you, Sniper?

* evil grin * lol

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X