BF2 Demo shutting down

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 Demo shutting down

Occasionally I've had BF2 just shut down. The game just seems to close (i.e. disappear). I don't get any errors, messages, etc. and it will happen mid-game.

Has anyone experienced this?
    |TG-12th| asch
    sigpic

Re: BF2 Demo shutting down

Originally posted by asch
    Occasionally I've had BF2 just shut down. The game just seems to close (i.e. disappear). I don't get any errors, messages, etc. and it will happen mid-game.

Has anyone experienced this?
    I haven't had it shut down, but on occasion I click my mouse and end up back on my desktop with BF2 minimized. Kind of a pain in the ass.
    Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

I was having this same problem asch, as well as a few others. Complete system lockups during gameplay, missing textures, desktop crashes, etc...

I run an ATI Radeon X800 SE and was using the CAT 5.6 drivers. If you guys are having problems similar to this you may want to try what I did: go to www.omegadrivers.net and download the latest drivers there. These drivers have not only fixed every problem listed above(so far that I've seen after 2 nights using omega) but also reduced some of the choppyness in game as well.

May not work for everyone but it sure helped for me.

-Crazy
      "If it's dangerous to talk to yourself, it's probably even dicier to listen" -Jim Hightower

Comment

I downloaded the Omega's, and my games wouldn't work plus whenever I tried to do something like scroll down in a webpage, it would scroll in sheets, very annoying. As for the random shutdowns it seems to happen to me after a round is over when it's at the join game screen.

Comment

Now that my video problems are solved it's only natural something else should pop up. My mouse and keyboard went completely dead during a game tonight. Now every time i click the "join game" button the mouse/keys are just dead stick. Not exactly sure what is causing that but gonna try reinstalling I guess.
          "If it's dangerous to talk to yourself, it's probably even dicier to listen" -Jim Hightower

Comment

Solved by reinstalling, yay!

Comment

I get random crashes, too. Not frequently enough to be a real problem, but annoying. Killing all my background processes seems to help.
              |TG-1stMIP|Mannerism​​​​​​​

Comment

For me the problem isn't the crashes, it's the fact that you have to wait to get back into the server. I don't have TS or any of the admin's XFire handles so I can't contact them. I don't know if those are posted anywhere like in their profiles, but I'll go check. But then again I'm not a supporting member so I don't think we get people booted for us to get ingame.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X